is there anyway i can undo the restore
    12-01-10 02:32 PM
    do a search on your computer ("finder" on mac, "search companion" on PC) for ".bbb" (without quotation marks) That is the extention of blackberry backup files; if you've ever synched your BB to your computer (ie: Outlook, or Application Loader because you upgrade its OS) there is a small chance a backup file was created, though it may have outdated information on it, depending on how long ago its creation date is.
    12-01-10 02:37 PM
    my phone has never been linked to computer

my son thought he would play on my phone and typed in an incorrect password 9 times , so then phone said wiping and thats why i'm desperate for any advise
    12-01-10 02:47 PM
    I belive the extension you are looking for is .IPD.

It will be created if BlackBerry Backup has ever been used, including during a device OS upgrade.

If no backup file exists, the information is lost.
    12-01-10 02:49 PM
    I belive the extension you are looking for is .IPD.

It will be created if BlackBerry Backup has ever been used, including during a device OS upgrade.

If no backup file exists, the information is lost.
    My mistake :-( Please correct me for the future: is it a different extension for Macs vs PC? My backup files all say .bbb on my Macbook, and being a DM file I assumed it would be the same for both!
    Last edited by bbstoof; 12-01-10 at 03:02 PM. Reason: orrection: my backup files all say .bbb [and I'm on a Macbook]
    Reed McLay likes this.
    12-01-10 03:02 PM
    my phone has never been linked to computer

my son thought he would play on my phone and typed in an incorrect password 9 times , so then phone said wiping and thats why i'm desperate for any advise
    Unfortunately, if you have never connected your phone to a computer, the information is lost.
    12-01-10 03:04 PM
    Good point, I have learned something new too.

On a Windows PC, it is IPD. On a Mac it is BBB.
    12-01-10 03:05 PM
    Unfortunately, if you have never connected your phone to a computer, the information is lost.
    agreed - and another reason to always back up your device.
    12-01-10 03:08 PM
    many thanks everyone for your advise
    12-01-10 03:48 PM
    Blackberries have a catch phrase when you enter your password wrong like 5 or 6 times, it asks you to type the word "blackberry" to make sure it's not just bumping keyboard buttons in your pocket or purse or something. Your son has to try really hard to get that wiped as it's not terribly easy to do. Methinks a woodshed trip is in order
    12-01-10 03:52 PM
    does it ask for the word Blackberry even on the password unlock screen? I'm always tempted to go up to like attempt 9, and then 10 to see what happens but can't be bothered with the palava of restoring haha
    12-01-10 04:19 PM
    One of the drawbacks of bb's added security, its a good thing to backup with desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 11:24 PM
    [email protected] agree, a trip to the woodshed is in order. Tell him to go fetch you a switch! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 04:42 AM
    @weezul yes it does. Basically it stops counting your password attempts if you cannot spell blackberry. It assumes the buttons are getting mashed accidentally. I've pulled mine out of my purse/pocket several times with it asking me to spell "blackberry" once I do, it says password attempt 5 of 9 or whatever number the limit is.
    12-03-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD