Hi all,

Please be kind this is my first post and i am a bit of a newbie with the blackberrys,

Rite to begin, 6 months ago i took out a pay monthly Blackberry curve 8520 from virgin, i had the the works thrown in, unlimited email, unlimited internet etc.

2 days ago i thought i would upgrade and so brought a new blackberry 9800 of ebay, it was originally locked to the vodafone network but i had it unlocked to take my virgin sim card..... Now i can get a signal and make phone calls and send texts but cant acces facebook or internet or BBM.

I did some digging around on the net and heard a lot about host routes, service books which all seemed too much for my small brain to take. thats when i came across this forum so decided to join to see if you guys could help me.

I have read the thread at the top titled- Unlocked 9800 - Everything works - Instructions

Would this help me in my situation? could i use the girlfriends curve 8520 in the same way he used the 9700?

are there any other options or have i been stupid and the phones now only good for calling texting and bein used as a paperweight

cheers in advance.
    11-24-10 09:43 AM
    You are going to have to some how get virgin mobile's service books. Here is a link on how to get service books off your 8520.

Blackberry service books for virgin mobile

Just use the same process but use restore instead of back-up when sending the service books on the Torch. Good luck
    cannockvxr likes this.
    11-24-10 09:50 AM
    ok cheers, have just had a quick read thorugh and will ggive it a go later...if it works i will be the happiest chap in the uk!!
    11-24-10 10:05 AM
    ok cheers, have just had a quick read thorugh and will ggive it a go later...if it works i will be the happiest chap in the uk!!
    When you first received the phone, what steps did you take to transfer the info from your 8520 to your 9800? Was the only thing you did was to take the sim out of your 8520 and put it into the Torch? Did you use the Desktop Manager switch device wizard? Changed the BIS so that the pin of the Torch was associated with your account and not the 8520? If you have the BIS setup properly, you should have at least some of your BB data functions working.
    11-24-10 10:55 AM
    When you first received the phone, what steps did you take to transfer the info from your 8520 to your 9800? Was the only thing you did was to take the sim out of your 8520 and put it into the Torch? Did you use the Desktop Manager switch device wizard? Changed the BIS so that the pin of the Torch was associated with your account and not the 8520? If you have the BIS setup properly, you should have at least some of your BB data functions working.
    erm.......

i just took the sim out and put it straight into the torch 9800
    Last edited by cannockvxr; 11-24-10 at 12:18 PM.
    11-24-10 11:57 AM
    Call Virgin and get them to route your call to their Blackberry Internet Service Technical support. They will sort everything out for you.
    11-24-10 12:19 PM
    erm.......

i just took the sim out and put it straight into the torch 9800
    There we go! It should be an easy fix once you talk to technical support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 12:31 PM
    i have just done the service book restore thing, i can get on the internet when in the browser ( wifi turned off) which i couldnt before and i can log into the facebook app.... all good

but when i go to add an email account it says...

if you want to want to access your email settings or you changed your device log in.

then asks for username and password??
    Last edited by cannockvxr; 11-24-10 at 01:05 PM.
    11-24-10 12:57 PM
    Right then guys ....SORTED!!

Email working, bbm working internet working!!...i am more excited than a dog with a belly full of pi$$ and line full of trees

cheers for the great help...gunna be sticking around, excellent site, got some great members here!!
    11-24-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD