Enhanced Gmail Plugin came pre-installed but I have no idea how to get it working. It says "not running" and it never did.

My Gmail account works fine EXCEPT I am unable to use stars and labels like I was on my Bold.

I tried deleting the account and re-creating it but I don't get the email the instructions say I am supposed to get providing download instructions. Besides I already have it installed so why doesn't it just run?

Please help, my inbox is a mess, I need labels!

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 07:02 AM
    I can understand your frustration. I spent hours trying to figure out the same thing. On my bold I would uninstall the plugin and reinstall it, which got the plugin working again, and I think I could star and label messages from the main BB messaging icon.

On the Torch after trying to install and reinstall the plugin several times I quickly found out that it is enabled by default when you set up your Gmail account.

To do the stars and labels you have to view the message you want to manipulate in the actual Gmail inbox / icon vs in the BB main messaging inbox.

From your Gmail inbox / icon you can change options related to the plugin, like how many treads to view per message etc.

Check to see if the plugin options are available under the Gmail inbox / icon on your phone. I hope this helps.
    11-21-10 11:00 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried this but it doesn't work. I don't have the options available on my Gmail inbox either.

Does the enhanced Gmail app run in the background? Can you check to see if it is running on your Torch?

Thanks

11-21-10 11:29 AM
    Anybody? This is a real problem. Thanks

11-22-10 07:26 AM
    The only option i have under "Advanced Gmail Plugin" is how many lines i want to display.

Although if I flag an email then hit the BB button again i can go to "flag properties" change the color of the flag as well as what each flag means. Don't know if that helps you or not.
    11-22-10 07:52 AM
    I don't have any options for advanced gmail plugin. As for the flags this is not related to the plugin.

What version OS do u have?

11-23-10 06:52 AM
    Running .337 like it says in my avy.

Open your email click the bb button > options > all the way to the bottom "Enhanced Gmail Plugin". Although like I said the only option is how many lines I want displayed.

I know the flags are not related but it could be used the same way.
    11-23-10 06:59 AM
    Nope I don't have that option at all. I'm on .246. I need labels and stars

11-23-10 01:13 PM
    Hi everyone,

I know this is gonna sound funny but this reply has got nothing to do with this thread. I am new to this forum and I cannot find anywhere from where to start a new thread. Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks in advance and sorry.
    11-23-10 01:23 PM
    Hi everyone,

I know this is gonna sound funny but this reply has got nothing to do with this thread. I am new to this forum and I cannot find anywhere from where to start a new thread. Can anyone please guide me?

Thanks in advance and sorry.
    1) make sure you're logged in

2) from the main forum "Blackberry Torch 9800" window, where you see all of the different threads, right above the list of threads, on the left, there's a button, "New Thread". click on that button. voila!
    11-23-10 01:58 PM
    I'm in my Gmail Inbox and I don't see the "Enhanced Gmail Plugin" either. Never had and never seen it. Does it make any difference when I set up my gmail account several years ago, I did it through the at&t BIS site instead of the email setup on the BB?
    11-23-10 06:51 PM
    I must join the unhappy throng of those having email problems with the Google account. All was well till a few days ago and then suddenly emails would not delete off my device. Now I have the email titles, a gold star, and nothing in them and they emails still won't delete.
    12-10-10 07:25 PM
    A lot of times your actual gmail box is hidden, only giving you access to the main mailbox

click show all and see if your actual gmail box is there with star, etc. options
    12-11-10 11:26 AM
    If you try to reinstall it to your Torch:

01-03-11 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD