Hi all.
    I literally dropped my phone in the sink about half an hour ago, and i've removed the battery sim and memory card.

I know i need to take everything apart, but i dont have the necessary screwdriver. The chances of me finding one are slim, so im asking, are there any alternatives. Furthermore, should i put my phone in rice?

Help would be appreciated.
    07-24-13 09:22 PM
    Alternatives to the driver are doubtful but you could AT YOUR OWN RISK try either a near-sized eyeglass / jewelers screwdriver or a similarly sized Allen wrench. You can purchase a proper set from Lowes or Home Depot for less than $10.00

The rice can't hurt although I remain skeptical of it's efficacy. Make sure you put the phone into the rice so that it is completely covered from all sides, leave uncovered, and do not attempt to power the phone on until it has fully dried out (usually 2 or 3 days)
    07-24-13 09:51 PM
    Rice - yes, it absorbs moisture from the air and reduces the amount of damage inside your device from continued exposure.

Warranty - you dropped it in the sink there is no warranty now lol. So yes fix it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-24-13 09:57 PM
    I believe the Z10 requires a T3 and T5 Torx driver, and possibly a T1. You'd be lucky to find a T5 at Home Depot; they won't have a T3 or T1, at least not where I live.

Try an electronics warehouse-type store, the type that Radio Shack used to be when they started. You can also try some contractor supply stores to see if they'll let you thumb through their distributor's tool catalogue.

I cannot recommend using anything other than a Torx driver. Once that screw head is stripped, you'll have a hell of a time getting it out. I've done it before, and it involved grinding the plating off and soldering a thin steel rod to it.
    07-24-13 10:16 PM
    True dat. Same here.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-24-13 10:22 PM
    Also, should i heat my torch 9810 in the oven too?
    07-25-13 09:15 AM
    Also, should i heat my torch 9810 in the oven too?
    No,

There are plastic components you won't be able to replace easily.

Best you can do is rice to remove humidity. Then clean the rust and build up off the components.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-25-13 07:49 PM