anyway i can put all my contacts on my Sim or sync some how I got a samsung captive and don't want to loos my contacts thanks in advance
    12-06-10 09:41 PM
    I can't see which provider you have cuz I'm. On mobile but the store should be able to do that for you. I had a sony ericcson phone and they ported the numbers over when I got my first bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 10:19 PM
    wanted to avoid going to store
    12-06-10 10:23 PM
    you can sync your contacts to outlook than to your new mobile. If you have contacts already on outlook create new folder to dont make them merge with each other.
    12-06-10 10:24 PM
    anyway i can put all my contacts on my Sim or sync some how I got a samsung captive and don't want to loos my contacts thanks in advance
    you want to transfer from the samsung captivate to a torch or the other way around?

If you are transferring from the Samsung, you gotta look up your Samsung phone manual how to transfer your contact list from the sim card to the memory and then how to download it to your PC.

From that point on, you go look up your BB manual how to transfer the contacts from your computer to the Torch (quite easy).
    12-06-10 10:27 PM
    You could also try Google Sync if you prefer.
    ridesno159 likes this.
    12-06-10 10:28 PM
    You could also try Google Sync if you prefer.
    Really? It took 4 posts to get to this? OP this is your answer!

GoogleSync isn't really even needed with the new BIS 3.2 that we're all on now. Just create a gmail account (going to need one anyway, in fact, I recommend a new one). Once its set up just go into your "Email Settings" (same place you set the email account up) icon, scroll down to "Sync Options" and check off "Contacts" All of your contacts will magically appear in your gmail account now. Then they will all magically appear on you new Samsung when you set the account up on that...
    12-06-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD