03-02-11 09:28 AM
30 12
tools
    I'm a newbie to bb and at first cb was a huge help for me. But lately its just been a huge headache. I was under the impression this was a place to come to for help but it seems its more of a place for ppl to act like know it alls and make others feel bad about not knowing stuff. I believe there are no stupid questions but ppl act like every question on here is stupid. Their have been a few ppl to help me and were very nice and patient but the majority overrides the minority. I have found a new blackberry home that I will try out. I am no longer a crackberry. Thanks to all that helped me. U know who u r. To the rest of u......grow up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-11 10:38 AM
    I'm a newbie to bb and at first cb was a huge help for me. But lately its just been a huge headache. I was under the impression this was a place to come to for help but it seems its more of a place for ppl to act like know it alls and make others feel bad about not knowing stuff. I believe there are no stupid questions but ppl act like every question on here is stupid. Their have been a few ppl to help me and were very nice and patient but the majority overrides the minority. I have found a new blackberry home that I will try out. I am no longer a crackberry. Thanks to all that helped me. U know who u r. To the rest of u......grow up.

hear hear well said this most certainly does occur
    also this tallying up of posts and thanks of lately is quite simply sad
    there are also people who post 7 or 8 times in one thread and
    are not interested in genuine people who are here to help
    however you will be back cos it is def the best bb site by far
    03-01-11 10:45 AM
    I would be curious to know who they think the "know it alls" are? And who they think are the ones that are genuinely here to help.
    03-01-11 10:48 AM
    homer1475 you must be a "know it all" one because you never help anyone! /sarcasm

like the OP said, there is no stupid question, only stupid answer. Don't mind them there is still people in here that want to help others.
    03-01-11 11:01 AM
    You know someone in a bbm group I'm in just had a great suggestion if you don't like seeing all the extra cr*p we have now like post counts, and thanks counts. Just use the mobile site, it blocks all that stuff.

I for one could care less about post counts or thanks counts or any of that, i just like to pass on information that I most likely learned from someone else around here. Anything that gets more people using and liking there BB's and promoting using BB's is my goal. As long as your as happy with whatever device you use as I am with my bb is the ultimate goal.
    daveshiz likes this.
    03-01-11 11:05 AM
    I for one could care less about post counts or thanks counts or any of that, i just like to pass on information that I most likely learned from someone else around here. Anything that gets more people using and liking there BB's and promoting using BB's is my goal. As long as your as happy with whatever device you use as I am with my bb is the ultimate goal.
    Right on!!! Very well said. The mobile site is my favorite. And I believe there is a way to mark people for being ignored if you wish not to read their posts.

The site is the best place for BB information available today. That there are a few cranky users is no surprise as we here represent all of society around the world. There are cranky people outside CB also.
    03-01-11 11:12 AM
    iamcountry,
    I think the members have all said it well and agree with you. Looking at the names I would say they were among the many who likely helped you out as well.
    I just want to add that you will (unfortunately) find the same problem on every forum. From Appliances and Autos to ZooKeepers. (yep I checked, there really are Zoo Keeper forums).
    When a forum has the population that CB has there are always going to be a few rotten apples. That's just how it goes.
    Good luck elsewhere. I hope you can drop by and share your new found BB knowledge, some day, with other new users.
    03-01-11 11:38 AM
    This is a big problem here. I've witnessed so many rude and snide comments on CB.

03-01-11 06:01 PM
    On the other hand, you could take it all with a pinch of salt, realise it is just an internet forum and crack on ?

I think the words "rise above it" spring to mind.

Then again as I said in another post, I am British and we do have slightly different ways of expressing ourselves/dealing with things - so I don't know if my advice can really apply here. Works for most Brits though.
    03-01-11 06:46 PM
    Unfortunately, there are bad batches of people on every site, but I'm sorry that you are going because of the ones here.
    I hope the people at the new site treat you well. You can always come back here if you ever feel like it though. We'll keep the screen light on!
    03-01-11 07:30 PM
    I understand what you're saying Danger, but this is the internet and it's hard to get someone's desired "tone" through text. I've seen a few posts that resemble "cyber bullying" and that's just not ok with me.

03-01-11 07:31 PM
    I also have noticed that there are many posts on here that include snide/rude comments about problems that don't fall under the "technically advanced issue" category (i.e. basic software problems, "bricking", freezing, battery life, etc.) If it can be simply answered, there are always going to be the sarcastic comments to make the OP feel uneducated or that he should already know the answer, that it's common sense, and that's not cool. Whatever the problem, however basic or advanced, the OP is looking for help for his/her device that is important to them, and should be answered in the most helpful way possible.

Personally, I have had nothing but good, positive comments, information, and advice from this site, especially from the users in this thread such as Hmutt, DangerMouseUK, and ShoshiOne. I have yet to find such an organized and helpful site regarding the use (and addictions) of Blackberry devices, software, and accessories, and plan on staying here for a while.
    03-01-11 08:07 PM
    Use the search button
    03-01-11 10:12 PM
    ^^ bwaahaha...
    in all seriousness iamcountry the longer that you frequent forums you will see that there is a low tolerance for people who dont search...many forums will tell you this...that is also why CB checks your work before you start a new thread........
    from what ive seen on this forum people are very uptight and wayy to sensitive...
    lighten up and enjoy your stay...
    you could have just posted this
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

ps. did your new found home have a better answer to your tanning bed dilemma?
    03-01-11 10:28 PM
    yea the biggest gripe in any forum is when people dont search commonly discussed topics. it happens all the time where people continuously repost questions that have been answered a million times. in fact, i just answered one in another thread. it tends to get old for the people that are here alot, everyday posting answers for people. new users refuse to read the help articles or do their own research. they insist on just posting their problem up without looking. this just adds to more tension. in return, when their questions do get an answer, they get a bit of attitude out of frustration as well.
    03-01-11 11:44 PM
    ok, help me out here. A guy uses the search button and... nothing. A guy puts up a new post asking the same old tired question and all the smug sobs, wannabe humorists and the two or three nice helpful people all get some excercise. This is bad how?
    03-02-11 04:26 AM
    wow you voice an opinion whilst agreeing with someone and various
    people take issue with you
    arcadien dont mind them there are plenty of others to help
    wtf re read this is a cracking site but as others have said you do get quite a lot of what shall we call them twats !! hey know the answer so how silly is awbody else!

homer name the genuine people who want to help eh hello wot maybe 90 %
    of users
    the know it alls come on if you cant suss that out for yourself
    its blatantly obvious ,snide remarks ,check the search page etc,
    yes we do then you have to start a new thread and all **** breaks loose
    and god forbid you dont put it in correct thread

just last week under heading of new 5.0 2 bbm a certain matrix leader
    asked the same question 7 times in one thread cos he wasnt getting an answer
    this would appear to be a regular thing with him and his answers to most people are pathetic and rude but as he said himself just use the ignore button
    the said ignore button should be added to most of his threads

summing up this is a brill site and when that user chose to leave he is allowed to say his bit as am i
    after all we are all here to help each other !!
    03-02-11 05:49 AM
    With all due respect, that is the dumbest rant I have ever heard here.
    Not all Crackheads are crackerjacks when it comes to their problems. When something goes wrong, they need some help ASAP. If there are those on this forum who can help them a little quicker, then that should be the order of the day.
    Your argument is like the Dealer Service Center telling a new Cadillac owner, "Hey we're Professionals here, this problem you're having should have been researched by you, and not waste our time with your mundane questions. Look it up! I'm tired of this same question on manifolds and carburetors ."
    How would we react to that? If these questions get "too old", maybe you are as well! Find something you like better than staying online, and carping about people you originally came here to help. Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by Writer; 03-02-11 at 06:24 AM. Reason: I want to add the comment I replied to
    03-02-11 06:18 AM
    Not you dave ..It was to the other fellow re: the annoyance of newbies asking the same questions
    03-02-11 06:23 AM
    by the way Dave, how do you like the Blackberry Torch I am seriously thinking about upgrading to the 9800. Anything you want to add ? Thanks in advance.
    03-02-11 06:30 AM
    I withdraw my question re the 9800. I'm going to call my Cadillac Service man for his opinion! Thanks
    03-02-11 06:31 AM
    By the way, you have just proved my point succinctly! No patience with anyone who may disagree with you. Sad!
    03-02-11 06:33 AM
    sorry writer i,m having a bad day and letting of steam on here
    apologies
    i love my torch its brill i,m a newbie last march i got hooked on an 8900 and loved it still do but i knew it was getting old and updated it to torch
    i updated to .337 saw no difference then now at .450 i at just now
    and all is good did have a wee prod last week but basically still under warranty and recieved brand new replacement
    anything you want to ask just shout i,m really not an ogre lol
    Last edited by daveshiz; 03-02-11 at 06:40 AM.
    03-02-11 06:36 AM
    i know no patience good luck with youre cadillac chap pmsl
    ps i,ve deleted my rant !!
    Last edited by daveshiz; 03-02-11 at 06:49 AM.
    03-02-11 06:38 AM
    i,m really not an ogre lol
    You are too, I seen you and your big and green and have weird green horns on your head.

Man you guys need to lighten up a little.
    daveshiz likes this.
    03-02-11 06:45 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD