hey guys i was wondering what is the perpose of having UMA and wat does it mean?? is it use to surf the web and get emails or is it kust like using wifi!! im lost and have no clue what is it??
    10-26-10 10:16 PM
    UMA network is calling over wifi... so if u have wifi running on your phone and u call someone... it wont charge your monthly minutes at all...
    10-26-10 11:33 PM
    This ability is restricted by AT&T but not TMO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 06:17 AM
    Is UMA available on Rogers? Can the feature be "unlocked"?
    10-27-10 07:16 AM
    UMA network is calling over wifi... so if u have wifi running on your phone and u call someone... it wont charge your monthly minutes at all...
    You might want to check that with your mobile network to confirm. My understanding is that it does still detract from your minutes but if you are out of your network's coverage and use Wi-Fi and UMA then you would only have your ordinary minutes subtracted from rather than being charged for roaming.
    10-27-10 09:49 AM
    How about this scenario:
    I have a Rogers 9800 and live in Canada. Going to Mexico for a holiday, and would like to stay in touch using my 9800. The resort has WiFi.
    Would enabling UMA using Rogers TalkSpot allow me to make calls, emails and such without incurring extra charges other than my usual rogers plan minutes or data charges?
    11-10-10 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD