View Poll Results: Problems with the Torch?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, working flawlessly

96 57.14%
  • Minor issues, light leak, wiggly button, doesn't make phone less fun to use

32 19.05%
  • Moderate problems - screen wiggles, trackpad loose, somewhat detracts from the overall enjoyment

24 14.29%
  • Major problem - something fell off, doesn't turn on - can't use the phone very well at all

17 10.12%
  • I gave up and bought an iPhone

6 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    I keep receiving phone calss on my Torch. What's up with that?
    08-28-10 10:09 PM
    my tourch works great the only thing i discovered today was the talk end key strip started peeling off i was like wtf ?? was thinking add a lil dap / droplet of super glue / glue to resolve my issue cuz the hone works great i dont wanna take it back and get a crappy one by chance you know
    09-02-10 04:11 PM
    I've just noticed a few os lags especially when I got to scan the 'pin' barcode and switching from portrait to landscape. But RIM probably did not build this device from the ground up specifically for a touch screen device. It still is a great phone.
    09-02-10 04:26 PM
    I have 3 glaring problems, if anyone can shed any light to help me fix them I would be much appreciated since nobody at AT&T can figure it out. They are so incompetent.

1) When I make a phone call with the slider open, I can't access the dial pad. For example, if I were to try and check my voicemail, and dialed my number with the slider open, the dial pad icon would be grey'd out. It only works if the slider is closed.

2) I randomly get yellow stars in my email inbox and they can't be deleted or removed unless I do a battery pull.

3) When I text to Canada, the receiving party can't read it in English. The message is scrambled and reads in "code". I've had 3 techs from AT&T try and resolve the issue without any success.
    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any of these issues?
    09-04-10 03:18 PM
    my tourch works great the only thing i discovered today was the talk end key strip started peeling off i was like wtf ?? was thinking add a lil dap / droplet of super glue / glue to resolve my issue cuz the hone works great i dont wanna take it back and get a crappy one by chance you know
    my phone and bb button are starting to make a noise as if they want to peel off. It sounds very cheap
    09-04-10 04:35 PM
    Very disappointed. As strange as it sounds, I like the phone and will keep it, but, and this is embarrassing, I've replaced the phone more than a few times, with the understanding of the sales people: wobble, lose/sticky menu pad (afraid it would eventually just come off); physical key pad unbalanced, etc. Just got a replacement, and again problem with the menu pad (popping noise as if the pad is gonna come up because glue not working). I'd love to see a relatively fair estimate of how many of these devices where returned, or will be returned in the near future. Unless something major (or more significant) occurs with the device, I'm gonna keep and if necessary rely on warranty to correct. But what a bummer. Excited and long waiting for the release, and since, it's been nothing but headaches. :-(
    09-04-10 09:24 PM
    My "back" and "end" key is about to fall off, i can press down softly on the "back" key and the "end" key raises up and you can see the inside (bright light). I'm going to go to AT&T to get it replaced tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 10:45 PM
    On 9800 #3. First one had screen issues, second one had a menu button that didn't always work, third one has slider issues. Taking this one back Friday morning.

Hopefully 4th time is a charm.
    09-08-10 11:13 PM
    How can u be on your 4th BB torch when my att store manager didn't even want to exchange the one I bought and showed him like 10 min layer that it was used. Hopefulky they will realease a new torch 2 in 2-3 months cuz it seems this one was a beta phone.

09-08-10 11:26 PM
    so far after almost a month.. no problems with my Torch.. made in Mexico 4 and the other 3 that my family got ( Dad, dumb and dumber brothers).
    my ONLY issue.. and this is a minor one... is with people who doesn't have a Torch... but keeps on complaining about it..starting threads about it.. quoting RIMM stocks performance day to day.. citing AT&T sales figures for the Torch..
    it makes me wonder... Did "we" just got lucky?
    09-09-10 12:38 AM
    had my torch for a week, no problems here, in fact I like it more then i thought i would. BTW, it already survived one nice 3 foot drop on to concrete with no resulting damage.
    09-09-10 03:05 AM
    Tinny, raspy, grainy, distorted "sidetone" (feedback of my own voice) is the worst i have ever experienced on any cell phone I have ever owned... and I've owned quite a few. Also low volume in the earpiece and speakerphone make this phone a big disappointment.

These issues have been much documented under the other Poll thread on "9800 Audio Problems". Not sure if i will have the patience to wait for the inevitable fixes. I'm either buying an iphone or ordering a 3G Pearl 9100 from Canada.
    09-09-10 04:28 AM
    Have you had problems with your Torch 9800 - a quick poll
    YES!

09-09-10 08:41 AM
    The phone is great, so far. However, because I don't have 3G in my area, only voice, voicemail, and BBM work. Browser, Data Plan, and getting apps from anyone doesn't work unless 3G and Blackberry Logo show in corner. In EDGE or 2G, nothing works with advanced features of phone. Until AT&T can ACTUALLY MAKE THEIR NETWORK DO WHAT THEY CLAIM IN THEIR ADVERTIZING, getting any advanced phone is a waste of time and money.

AT&T, Few Bars in More Places, We Don't Cover 97% of America, and we now have 3G were Verizon and Sprint now offer 4G.
    09-09-10 11:29 AM
    anyone return their phone because of the screen wiggle? i'm on my second one and the screen wiggles. my first torch i returned because the os was choppy and unpredictable. this 2nd torch's os is flawless but i dont know if i can put up with this screen wiggling whenever i touch the screen. texting on the touchscreen is worse
    09-09-10 12:26 PM
    had my phone for 2 days and the send/blackberry/back/end key pad started peeling off....they swapped out for a new one and i'm good to go now....its a new phone...there will be problems...i'm very happy with the phone so far
    09-09-10 01:46 PM
    09-09-10 03:33 PM
    yup, thats exactly what mine was doing...but mine was working its way loose from the other side....did you get yours fixed/replaced?
    09-10-10 05:39 AM
    Everytime a text come it, freezes for a few sec, then finally lets you do something. Various issues with the slow OS. Doesn't seem like this can handle all that going on with the phone. Needs a better processor. My 9700 was much more responsive. Hope this is fixed very soon. Tired of trying to do something and no response they all the sudden it does everything at once, screws something up.
    I downloaded the .214 leak and it seems to have fixed this lag he mentioned.
    09-10-10 12:19 PM
    @Mikey52:
    I think #1 is by design. Probably when the slider is open the phone assumes you are going to use the physical keyboard to dial a number. the other two definitely look like bugs.
    09-10-10 12:38 PM
    Very disappointed. As strange as it sounds, I like the phone and will keep it, but, and this is embarrassing, I've replaced the phone more than a few times, with the understanding of the sales people: wobble, lose/sticky menu pad (afraid it would eventually just come off); physical key pad unbalanced, etc. Just got a replacement, and again problem with the menu pad (popping noise as if the pad is gonna come up because glue not working). I'd love to see a relatively fair estimate of how many of these devices where returned, or will be returned in the near future. Unless something major (or more significant) occurs with the device, I'm gonna keep and if necessary rely on warranty to correct. But what a bummer. Excited and long waiting for the release, and since, it's been nothing but headaches. :-(
    Just wondering if you tried to return the device to a different store (maybe in a distant town) you would get a better unit. My thought being that maybe a really bad batch of phones shipped to that area and that particular store got the bulk of them. Or maybe try swapping directly with ATT.
    09-10-10 12:42 PM
    yup, thats exactly what mine was doing...but mine was working its way loose from the other side....did you get yours fixed/replaced?
    yes, i got it replaced yesterday, but this new one i have, the camera doesnt work??? i can open up the camera, but it doesnt take pictures. if i click the camera button to take a picture, it flashes, but it doesnt take the picture. then i can't even hover over the camera on the touchscreen?? idk what's going on, but i'm about to head to the at&t store right now
    09-10-10 01:52 PM
    im on my third phone. the first one, the plastic button started peeling off, the second one would drop the network every night and i had to restart it in the morning for it to pick up the network again.

this one has screen wiggle and the first two didnt. now i upgraded to the latest software and im getting the stupid waiting icon every other screen i goto.

i open address book, and boom waiting.... waiting...

open email waiting.... waiting...

open calculator, type 3 numbers waiting.... waiting...

click end key to bring phone to life since its sitting on the table not doing anything and guess what... waiting.... waiting... waiting.... waiting...

The stupid defective storm Saga AGAIN. but this time with a torch, and with AT&T not VZW.
    09-10-10 02:04 PM
    lol after i post this its doing it even worse. WOW.
    09-10-10 02:08 PM
    lol after i post this its doing it even worse. WOW.
    Sounds like operator error to me. Either that or another BS post claiming BS problems.

My Torch works perfectly. Not one issue. I suggest you go to an iPhone.
    09-10-10 02:49 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD