After using my 9800 for a good 3 weeks solid, i was sitting in school and i felt heat coming through my shirt. i went to take out the battery and when i put the phone in my hand, it was smoldering to the touch. i quickly took out the battery for about 5 or 6 minutes, allowing it to cool off but i put it back in and it happened again! but this time the battery dropped from full to zero in about 30 seconds right before my eyes, then wouldnt turn back on. i went home and put it on the charger and as soon as i did the phone got EXTREMELY hot... brought my baby to best buy (as i have their insurance that covers everything) they exchanged it for a new one... but i asked for the red one since thats the one i had originally wanted so i guess everything worked out great. thank you best buy!!
    01-22-11 07:42 AM
    Sounds like a direct short in the battery. I ordered a red,traded for a black one. That red is sharp! Did you have 'black tie' protection? How did that go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 08:44 AM
    yes thats what its called the black tie protection. it was super simple and best buy was very understanding. they took the phone back no questions asked and replaced it with the red after my simple request they also replaced my zagg invisible shield
    01-22-11 09:48 AM
    Yea I chose that protection plan also. It seemed a little pricey but I had insurance that was costing half of that. That's cool they got you swpped out instead of having to deal with shipping and waiting.
    01-22-11 09:58 AM
    yeah its like 10 bucks a month its not that bad lol. they told me that specific store had about 5 or 6 white torches from Mexico 4 production center that they returned for overheating
    01-22-11 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD