I initially bought the Torch on launch day. I liked the phone, but I had a few gripes such as the wiggle and wasn't totally sure I liked the form factor. I returned it after about a week and went back to iPhone3G. I have been an iPhone user since they first launched so the slider and physical keyboard were new to me. I really liked the physical keyboard for emailing, so I ended up picking up a 9700 Bold which I really liked, but quickly found that I missed a touch screen and the OS5.0 browser was pretty much useless (OS6 will really really be a welcome addition to the 9700!). I then took the obvious next step to the iPhone4. Great screen and I really liked the form factor, but I unfortunately suffered from antenna issues which were remedied by a SGP case. Biggest issue was the proximity sensor which didn't improve with iOS updates. So....I took it back today and got another Torch!! No wiggle on this one. Seems rock solid.

I will miss the retina display; however, I pretty much just email/text and view a few websites on a daily basis. The Torch should suffice for that with a screen that is on par if not better than the 3G I relied on for the past 2 years.

My hats off to AT&T customer service (Corporate store and via 611). They have been extremely helpful considering I have been switching my plan back and forth a lot between the blackberry and iPhone unlimited plans.
    09-24-10 11:27 AM
    Welcome back =]
    09-24-10 11:29 AM
    Welcome back and holy schnikeys you're right ATT has patience of a saint!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 01:15 PM
    welcome back! Hope ur satisfied this time .
    09-24-10 01:29 PM
    I initially bought the Torch on launch day. I liked the phone, but I had a few gripes such as the wiggle and wasn't totally sure I liked the form factor. I returned it after about a week and went back to iPhone3G. I have been an iPhone user since they first launched so the slider and physical keyboard were new to me. I really liked the physical keyboard for emailing, so I ended up picking up a 9700 Bold which I really liked, but quickly found that I missed a touch screen and the OS5.0 browser was pretty much useless (OS6 will really really be a welcome addition to the 9700!). I then took the obvious next step to the iPhone4. Great screen and I really liked the form factor, but I unfortunately suffered from antenna issues which were remedied by a SGP case. Biggest issue was the proximity sensor which didn't improve with iOS updates. So....I took it back today and got another Torch!! No wiggle on this one. Seems rock solid.

I will miss the retina display; however, I pretty much just email/text and view a few websites on a daily basis. The Torch should suffice for that with a screen that is on par if not better than the 3G I relied on for the past 2 years.

My hats off to AT&T customer service (Corporate store and via 611). They have been extremely helpful considering I have been switching my plan back and forth a lot between the blackberry and iPhone unlimited plans.
    I'm about to do the same. I had the Torch and it was erasing my notifications, wouldn't stream BT without skipping, and generally had lots of little software bugs as I would use the phone. That said, at least it worked as a phone and email device. I'm on my second i4 in the first month and it still doesn't work right. Antennagate is for sure real, no matter how many stupid Apple fan boy losers say it isn't. The proximity sensor on mine worked fine until Apple "fixed" it with iOS 4.1. It's a great toy, but a terrible phone. I can't wait to go back to BB.
    09-24-10 02:02 PM
    Well now that you're back do yourself a favor and upgrade to the "Torch 1.1" - aka update to the latest OS. It's significantly better than the stock .141 that probably didn't help keep you in the first place.
    09-24-10 02:11 PM
    I did the same. No iphone though. I am on my second torch and loving it this time around!
    09-24-10 03:06 PM

I had the iPhone for a whole day and took it back because there were things on BB that the iPhone didn't have but may had an app for. Here are a few reason for my dislike..........

1. No LED status indicator. I didn't realize how much I actually depended on this. For example, if you get a text or better yet miss a text, you MUST push the home button to turn the screen on to see if you received a text or not. With the Blackberry, a quick glance at the status indicator LED would let you know that. This will never be capiable with any current Iphone as they do not have any such "bulb". There are apps that can "flash" the screen but I can imagine that would play a big part in the battery life. I've read on a few Iphone forums that the users wish they had an LED indicator, while other said that it would be annoying to have this feature. But as annoying as it may be, it is an OPTION with the Blackberry.

2. No sound profiles. Well, it actually has two. Silent, which you only have the option to change vibrate to on/off. The other option is just a general option where you can change the loudness on the ring via a slider. There is a Sound Profile app that'll cost you about $7.

3. You cannot use any apps outside the Apple App store unless you "jailbreak" it. Jailbreaking will void your warranty. We all already know Blackberry is open to all outside apps.

4. Home screen does not "flip" when turned to landscape. May be an app for that.

5. Scary to think what happens to this phone when the battery actually dies, since you can't replace it (not a reason to totally ditch the phone but worth noting).
    09-24-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD