FYI - Long time poster here and just went Android a few months ago. Love it, but know you guys may like to know this.

A few weeks ago I was at my kids event and saw some person sporting a slider....no big deal I thought until I saw him slide it and saw the BB Logo....I asked him it that was the new BB Slider and he yep. Played with it a few, it was running 6.0. No idea what build. He basically said this would be out in November. I asked how he had and he is in public relations for RIM here in Chicago. I was a huge BB fanboy and if I had not gone Android, I would be **. The UI was nice, very smooth and FRIGGIN Fast. Again, I mean no disrespect, I can not answer any questions, just here to say those that are staying BB will definitely enjoy.

Was going to post this weeks ago, but had no proof, and well even with my post count, some would be skeptical. However, weeks later we were together at an "event" taking pictures of our kids after wining a "game" and just saw that I had a pic of it.

It is very small, feels very solid, and again if I had not experienced Android I'd want this phone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    07-08-10 10:36 PM
    Awesome! I'm surprised the bloke had it out in the open though and was willing to talk about it, share the device for a few minutes, etc. Not that I'm on the "in" but Sal et al have been talking about how secretive RIM has been as late with these new devices in the works. So the device felt pretty small to you, eh? Did you get a feel for the keyboard on it at all?
    07-08-10 10:40 PM
    Good about the release date assuming no delays or whatsoever. 4 more months, I can wait..
    07-08-10 10:42 PM
    After our conversation, he said I didn't see it. Oddly he was shocked I knew what it was.

But was looking at pics of my kid, I saw it in the picture, so I decided to share that I got to see it. Again, this is about last week in May that I saw it. Pic is from this week.
    07-08-10 10:46 PM
    I want it!!!!!!! So pretty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 10:48 PM
    I'm oddly relieved it's coming out in November. I just hope this translates to more improvements and bug fixes.

The UI was nice, very smooth and FRIGGIN Fast
    Could you compare it to an iPhone? In terms of touch responsiveness and smoothness. Someone in another thread said it'll be abysmal on the 9800.
    07-08-10 10:50 PM
    I can compare to the STORM1 POS I had, and much much better. It was very responsive and I did not really "type". It felt VERY solid. I was kinda in shock that I was holding it, thinking oh man I better not like this thing too much I just switched company over to Android phones.
    07-08-10 10:54 PM
    As for speed, it was as fast as my Incredible from screen to screen. And I only typed on the Hard Keyboard, not the screen.
    07-08-10 10:56 PM
    However, weeks later we were together at an "event" taking pictures of our kids after wining a "game" and just saw that I had a pic of it.
    Many thanks for sharing this with us. This is awesome.

07-08-10 11:43 PM
    Thank you for the picture.
    New hero maybe.?
    Jkjk.
    But so awesome.

07-09-10 12:17 AM
    I want one!!!!
    07-09-10 01:13 AM
    Awesome! I'm surprised the bloke had it out in the open though and was willing to talk about it, share the device for a few minutes, etc. Not that I'm on the "in" but Sal et al have been talking about how secretive RIM has been as late with these new devices in the works. So the device felt pretty small to you, eh? Did you get a feel for the keyboard on it at all?
    I am not surprised as a sailing friend of mine that I sail with every weekend, works for ATT and he has had the 9800 for almost a week. He had the 9700 way before it released, too.
    07-09-10 05:42 AM
    I am not surprised as a sailing friend of mine that I sail with every weekend, works for ATT and he has had the 9800 for almost a week. He had the 9700 way before it released, too.
    Sooooo..where are your pictures and impressions?

Thanks for the info goblue! Although August would be nicer!
    07-09-10 08:00 AM
    Awesome info!
    07-09-10 08:11 AM
    Sooooo..where are your pictures and impressions?

Thanks for the info goblue! Although August would be nicer!
    No problem. No one hold me to November, ok? My god, before I went Android I was waiting on the newer Tour, aka Bold for VZW, and it seamed like it kept getting pushed back, even with Sal saying it would be out....Man I hate waiting for new devices!!!
    07-09-10 08:12 AM
    Yep, we all remember the painful wait for the 9000. Oh well like many have said if it is released in Nov with a solid OS then it will be worth the wait!
    07-09-10 08:46 AM
    looks wicked cool - I said it before and I'll say it again the is gona be a killer cool phone when its out .. I don't care what anyone says hehe I am gona get one for sure.
    07-09-10 01:33 PM
    November is a safe bet, it could be as early as August, but Nov is a MUCH safer bet, certainly it won't slip much past Nov. If it goes to Nov, THAT would mean it slipped some which IS likely, based on history.
    07-09-10 01:35 PM
    If only it would come to T-Mobile!!!
    07-09-10 02:01 PM
    Finally, someone that has ACTUAL proof of a spotting. Nice work dude.
    07-09-10 02:06 PM
    how's the web browser? did you get to play w browser at all? comparable to iphone browsing?

FYI - Long time poster here and just went Android a few months ago. Love it, but know you guys may like to know this.

A few weeks ago I was at my kids event and saw some person sporting a slider....no big deal I thought until I saw him slide it and saw the BB Logo....I asked him it that was the new BB Slider and he yep. Played with it a few, it was running 6.0. No idea what build. He basically said this would be out in November. I asked how he had and he is in public relations for RIM here in Chicago. I was a huge BB fanboy and if I had not gone Android, I would be **. The UI was nice, very smooth and FRIGGIN Fast. Again, I mean no disrespect, I can not answer any questions, just here to say those that are staying BB will definitely enjoy.

Was going to post this weeks ago, but had no proof, and well even with my post count, some would be skeptical. However, weeks later we were together at an "event" taking pictures of our kids after wining a "game" and just saw that I had a pic of it.

It is very small, feels very solid, and again if I had not experienced Android I'd want this phone.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    did you get to
    07-09-10 02:08 PM
    On this picture, I'm trying to see the row of buttons (ie-talk/menu/trackpad/back/end) that are on the bottom of the 9800 but they don't look like they are there. Any one else notice this?
    07-09-10 02:44 PM
    i noticed that too but it could just be the glare from the sun
    07-09-10 02:48 PM
    i noticed that too but it could just be the glare from the sun
    Yup, noticed that as well....prob is the sun
    07-09-10 03:03 PM
    Good call, there is all sorts of glare/reflections in the shot...
    07-09-10 03:03 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD