Anyone having trouble with Google image search on their Torch browser? I can't zoom in and pan the page without having rendering issues. Try it for yourselves if you can and let me know, I'd appreciate it!

Would be nice if RIM would add back the "browser identification" option so I could choose "Blackberry" and get Google's mobile site..
    10-06-10 02:17 AM
    Nobody's experiencing this issue? Could someone please Google something from the home screen, go to the images page via the link at the top of the Google search results page, and try and pinch-to-zoom, scroll down, scroll right, etc..
    10-06-10 02:19 PM
    I'm definitely experiencing this issue. I noticed the other day. My quick fix was to download the google mobile app and use that to search for images. Works perfectly for now, but it would be nice to use one browser for everything.

Edit: I used the universal search on my phone. Typed google mobile app, and then clicked on the browser icon that popped up saying "search google". It should be the first link. I think it says google mobile in the title. Once that page opens up just click on download google mobile app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jfiore838; 10-06-10 at 08:01 PM.
    10-06-10 07:57 PM
    The new Google Image Search doesn't work very well on the torch browser.

It constantly updates and loads new images as you scroll down.

The workaround to this is to click "Switch to Basic Version" on the bottom of the screen. Since you can't actually scroll to the bottom, you need to press Menu - Find on Page and type in "switch" and it will take you to the link so you can click it.

Took me a while to figure out, but at least image search is usable now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD