12-05-10 10:51 PM
48 12
tools
    Really? It amazes me how many people come here to advertise that they are leaving. Just leave, fanfare and a farewell party not required.

This is the only non-automotive forum I am a member of and its the only forum I visit with constant trolling from anti (insert product here) and product bashing. Wouldn't a better use of time to just quietly move on to a forum that is pro whatever product you are into?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-04-10 02:00 PM
    Whoa I mean where to start nothing u said makes sense..sprint store wouldn't give u money for the torch...no sprint rep would let u hold on an evo just to try it ..and If u already had it why would u need to go to sprint to get another one ...its time we start banning the trolls..

12-04-10 03:10 PM
    See all these b.s. threads and the point is u must have lived in a ****ty reception area or something cause I had my torch for 2 months and not one dropped call at all "not once"... Never have any problems with my torch I did trade it in for a new one before the 30 days but only because so I could get a newer one cause we all know the second batch is always built better then the first but that said dropped calls doesn't = at&t it ='s u living in a bad area for service cause like I said me not one dropped call in 2 months

12-04-10 04:01 PM
    Really? It amazes me how many people come here to advertise that they are leaving. Just leave, fanfare and a farewell party not required.
    I think they think that we care somehow and feel the need to tell us how much they hated the device, and how their new choice is somehow better.
    12-04-10 04:44 PM
    Dropped call? Something I've not experienced since I got my Torch.

12-04-10 04:44 PM
    i've had calls fail...usually happens when i can't get off the phone fast enough entering my apartments underground parking...

What a wank of a post. I personally wish he said he was done with torch and going to iphone for superior reception. that would have been a comedy.
    12-04-10 05:23 PM
    I had an EVO on Sprint. It was almost as big as the PlayBook and my battery lasted 2 hours. I went to AT&T and got the Torch. They gave me $400 for my EVO, paid my early cancellation fee, gave me a brand new Torch free and a much better plan (unlimited everything for $20 a month). I did not even have to sign a contract. Plus I'm dating the AT&T rep and she's hot. I'm so happy now, I think I'll go post this in the Android forum.
    12-04-10 09:34 PM
    thanks for wasting my time... sounds like you had a problem with your carrier and not the phone as this isn't the iphone 4 and if there was indeed a problem with your phone you hardly sound like you did much about it other than feel the need to waste peoples time reading this useless post that you got another phone.

Good luck with that.. I'll let you know when I take my washing out and I forget to wash some socks too.
    12-04-10 11:23 PM
    That kind of problem is more the carrier than the phone. Regardless though, enjoy the Evo!

Yeah, well......the carrier in this case, helped make the phone. OP made the right decision in so far as dumping sh*tbox AT&T. I wouldnt have gone to sprint, but good deal on dumping the worst carrier in the NY Metro area. <high five> (without the fail comment)
    12-05-10 01:22 AM
    See all these b.s. threads and the point is u must have lived in a ****ty reception area or something cause I had my torch for 2 months and not one dropped call at all "not once"... Never have any problems with my torch I did trade it in for a new one before the 30 days but only because so I could get a newer one cause we all know the second batch is always built better then the first but that said dropped calls doesn't = at&t it ='s u living in a bad area for service cause like I said me not one dropped call in 2 months

LOL so the second batch comes out in 30 days? Also....dropped calls DOES = AT&T when you live where the OP and I live. Why are people on this board so quick to jump in with all this nonsense and baseless defense? THats great you dont have dropped calls, hooty hoo for you dude/dudette whatever you are. Some people actually do get sh*tty service, perish the though.
    12-05-10 01:30 AM
    why didnt you try to change your carrier and blackberry model?
    12-05-10 03:18 AM
    I am using my torch almost for one week i did not have any problem with the battery drain,and torch is really a very dignified phone next to BB BOLD 9000
    12-05-10 04:32 AM
    This is exactly why I won't try AT&T. I'm petrified of their network. They have such a bad reputation for lots of dropped calls. Especially on the Iphone. I use my phone for work and I can't tolerate subpar service. Right now CDMA Sprint or Verizon has superior coverage and reliability in my area. I'm a Sprint customer and there is a strong "rumor" of a CDMA Torch coming to us. Also i'm curious to see the next Storm for Verizon. But with the Verizon Iphone coming out 1Q 2011 It will be hard not to give that a try.
    12-05-10 07:50 AM
    This is exactly why I won't try AT&T. I'm petrified of their network. They have such a bad reputation for lots of dropped calls. Especially on the Iphone. I use my phone for work and I can't tolerate subpar service. Right now CDMA Sprint or Verizon has superior coverage and reliability in my area. I'm a Sprint customer and there is a strong "rumor" of a CDMA Torch coming to us. Also i'm curious to see the next Storm for Verizon. But with the Verizon Iphone coming out 1Q 2011 It will be hard not to give that a try.
    Just the opposite in my neck of the woods, AT&T has perfect service(although its not 3g), while verizon doesn't even barely work. I've had AT&T for well over 12 years and have not had 1 dropped call(I make over 1000 minutes worth of calls a month).
    12-05-10 08:02 AM
    Is this thread seriously still going on? Lol..the dude obviously had network reception problems..which obviously is dependant on where he lives and where he works, and the carrier he was with (and nothing to do with the PHONE he was using). Perhaps this thread should be moved to the Carrier specific section..where it can die a slow, painful death.
    12-05-10 08:10 AM
    I feel your pain. I was with AT&T for 6 months and couldn't handle the dropped calls, missing calls, calls going straight to voice mail. I'm an actress and lost 2 auditions thanks to them but I don't think it was your blackberry. I moved from the bold to a tour and have had zero problems, but it's about what works for you.
    12-05-10 08:41 AM
    Never had a problem with the AT&T network. This thread is ripe with BS.
    12-05-10 08:46 AM
    Have you ever thought the AT&T service could be the culprit of your failed calls?

12-05-10 08:55 AM
    No one has ever had AT&T reception service issues.
    12-05-10 11:03 AM
    i've been with AT&T and like most of the members here DID experience the dropped calls when i as using an iphone 3GS.
    when i switched to a Blackberry Torch, my dropped calls Decreased in number..
    one time i got one.. i couldn't believe it that i had one..
    so i ask person whom i'm having the conversation with..
    " are you using an iphone?" he said YES.

problem solved. if you have a blackberry.. not just the Torch..
    and you get dropped calls.. think of the network first.. then the other person on the line.. chances are they're on an iphone.
    12-05-10 11:22 AM
    I have finally given up on the Torch and AT&T and switch to Sprint and the HTC Evo 4G. After 4 years of blackberry and AT&T I have had it! I was on a very important conference call for work yesterday morning starting at 5am and my Torch "Call Failed" on my 3 times in 15 minutes (with 5 bars of signal!). My Sprint rep had given me an EVO 4G to try a few weeks ago so I opened the package and called into the conference call with the EVO and stayed connected for the next 2 1/2 hours without a problem (with only 3 bars of signal).

After that I decided I was finished with the Torch and AT&T. After work I went to the local Sprint store and traded in my Torch (Sprint gave me $199 for the trade-in towards the EVO) and got a gorgeous White EVO for $36!

All day I have been on the phone and sending and receiving email & texts without a single dropped call.

Adios AT&T! Chow Blackberry! Hello Sprint & HTC!!! Quality and stability! what a concept!!!
    and we care y?

idc if u went android, waste of a thread
    12-05-10 02:56 PM
    If its such a waste why bother coming in the post im a bb fanboy have been for a while i usually dont waste my time posting but i own a blackberry torch and im really not that thrilled with it half the time im using my blackberry 9000 compared to whats out there blackberry really is taking baby steps to catch up BBM will not last forever just ask how many blackberry users had KIK messenger installed, im currently using a new samsung focus as well as blackberry 9000 (work phone) but i must say windows really stepped their game up, kinda what i was hoping blackberry would do, but thats just me and my opinion i pretty sure im about to get ripped to shreds or some genius who knows everything will reply with corrections to grammar go ahead superstar have a blast with it. one things for sure smart phones are evolving and RIM just keeps falling more and more behind ever notice that RIMS not even mentioned as a competitor any more in any smart phone website besides this one.... again just my .02
    12-05-10 06:26 PM
    lol... "Chow" to you too.... Lol..
    12-05-10 10:51 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD