Well I've read through all of the threads about email on the Torch and none seem to help my problem. I have my personal Gmail account setup on my Torch and after trying everything I still can't get it to receive emails. Sometimes it will get them, others not. Coming from an Android phone, I'm so confused. I though Blackberry's had an awesome email experience? Help me!
    SanctiSpiritus likes this.
    10-16-10 05:51 PM
    May seem like a silly question, but you did authorize your Gmail acct in the set up screen? If you did I would recommend deleting your acct on the Torch and re-doing it. My Gmail hits my Torch faster than it hits my computer.
    10-16-10 06:25 PM
    Yes I did :P I deleted it, pulled the battery and then reinputted my Gmail account and still nothing.
    10-16-10 07:06 PM
    you try to enable IMAP?
    10-16-10 08:12 PM
    10-16-10 08:14 PM
    IMAP is enabled, and that's exactly what I did and yet I still don't receive emails in a timely matter. Sometimes I get them hours after my Gmail's web access gets them.
    10-17-10 10:18 AM
    Have you tried resending the service books? My have 2 gmail accounts on my Torch that seem to work almost instantly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 10:22 AM
    i have 2 Gmail accounts as well.
    they're working fine since day 1 ( Aug 12 )
    and i also get a copy of the sent mesage even if i composed the message through the laptop.
    so i'm pretty sure there's something wrong with your settings somewhere.
    10-17-10 10:25 AM
    Yea I've resent the service books and still nothing. I even reset the entire Blackberry and still so slow... I haven't got a single email all day yet they're their on the web front.
    10-17-10 04:59 PM
    I'd try calling your carrier.

You should receive Gmail e-mails within 2-3 seconds, and I've never had to do anything beyond enter my info into the setup app. I'm thinking there may be an issue with your carrier's BIS or data services, but only they can tell you.

If you've wiped the phone and tried re-sending service books I don't have any other recommendations.
    10-17-10 06:33 PM
    Make the call to your carrier. Ans ask for tech support. It's easier that way since they will test all your email accounts. Meaning send/receive functions will be done before they let you go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD