I wanted to turn on gmail contact sync, and I did that a few days ago.

But when I go to gmail I only have 1 contact that I manually added.

Any ideas if there is something other then the email setup that I have to change to have it sync?

Thanks
    10-17-10 12:00 PM
    I would recommend using Google Calendar Sync to sync contacts. Has been working for me for years now without ever having a problem.
    10-17-10 12:58 PM
    Bis sync works very well.
    10-17-10 02:58 PM
    I was using the Gmail application and Google Sync. Last night I turned that off and set up my gmail account on my Torch and turned on the Calendar and contacts sync that is now available with BIS 3.2.

When I got up this Morning, the contacts had synched during the night. Many of my contacts were now duplicated with the new duplicate name preceded by "&" or "and". I deleted all of those duplicates and hope they do not reappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 10:25 AM
    I was using the Gmail application and Google Sync. Last night I turned that off and set up my gmail account on my Torch and turned on the Calendar and contacts sync that is now available with BIS 3.2.

When I got up this Morning, the contacts had synched during the night. Many of my contacts were now duplicated with the new duplicate name preceded by "&" or "and". I deleted all of those duplicates and hope they do not reappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'd love to switch to the integrated BIS sync, but when I check in my gmail account, I don't see any option to sync my calendar. What I'd love to know, though (and sorry if a tad off topic here) is how you log on to BIS?

I've tried every link I can find, and when I try to get in, my BBerry account doesn't get me logged in. I've tried the create account option, and fed in my PIN and IMEI numbers, and the resulting message is that I need to use my device, no BIS access is available for my device.

So...what am I missing to be able to use the web interface to manage things?
    10-18-10 10:38 AM
    But when I go to gmail I only have 1 contact that I manually added.
    I'll try to explain why you are seeing what your are seeing, just follow these steps for a brief view -
    - Open up your Contacts
    - Hit Menu Key -> Select Contact List
    - Select yourname@gmail.com

Now should be viewing all of the Contacts that are in THAT Contact list, (yes you can have multiple contact lists). If you are only seeing 1, then your problem is that your other contacts are in another contact list. Your BB will only sync this 1 contact list with Gmail, so you would have to get any other contacts into Gmail (either on the device or web) to get them syncing.

raremage - from your Home screen, in the ALL tab goto:
    Setup -> Email Accounts -> etc...
    10-18-10 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD