Hello all,

With the Sept 24th fast approaching for us Canadians, I am reaching out to current Torch owners to share the top three things they like about the Torch.

This will definitely help us folks get thru the 11 days!!!

Thanks and enjoy your Torch.
    09-13-10 06:54 PM
    Came from my 3 year old iPhone 2g and loving my new torch (I've had it for almost 2 weeks now).

things I like:

1) I love how quickly the torch pushes email notifications. Even my professors have commented on how punctual my replies are. :P
    2) Hardware keyboard feels heavenly after using a touchscreen for so long.
    3)Camera takes amazing quality pictures, and the flash is pretty good too. (this might be because i've migrated from such an old phone though)

**as a side note, after upgrading to .214, the experience has only improved dramatically. Everything feels snappier to the touch.

I hope you enjoy the phone as much as I do.
    09-13-10 07:19 PM
    beside some light leakage around the send & menu key I ADORE my Torch, and that's coming from an iPhone 4!

1) the keyboard/touchscreen combo is amazing.
    2) after updating to .214 there is virtually NO lag for me.
    3) very good camera and flash.
    4) GOOD speaker volume & quality.

I could go on aha :P
    09-13-10 07:47 PM
    1)The design of the device
    2) Social Feeds
    3) Universal Search

The Torch has been really good to me and I really love this device. Everyday I play with it I find little things that are new to me.
    09-13-10 08:03 PM
    coming from iphones 3G and 3GS.. and considerED the iphone 4..
    here are the reasons why i chose the Torch.

1. Notifications.
    i like that i can play different sounds for SMS,MMS, my 8 email accounts and even customize my LED screen ( different colors for different functions)
    2. physical keyboard
    3. Bluetooth.. try moving music from a PC/Mac to your iphone 4.. you can't through bluetooth.

the phone is good for me right out of the box, but with the newer OS.. it's faster and smoother
    09-13-10 08:17 PM
    Universal search, tabbed browser. . Everything else is pretty much the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 08:51 PM
    coming from iphones 3G and 3GS.. and considerED the iphone 4..
    here are the reasons why i chose the Torch.

1. Notifications.
    i like that i can play different sounds for SMS,MMS, my 8 email accounts and even customize my LED screen ( different colors for different functions)
    2. physical keyboard
    3. Bluetooth.. try moving music from a PC/Mac to your iphone 4.. you can't through bluetooth.

the phone is good for me right out of the box, but with the newer OS.. it's faster and smoother
    Mark, 8 email accounts??!! I can barely keep track of the pw's for my work and hotmail lol
    09-13-10 08:57 PM
    1. A nice and responsive OS

2. A combination of virtual key and hard key. This is my most favorite why I upgrade from 9700..It is a joy to have these input options.

3. Torch just look and feel gorgeous. I like its look. It is a new design, but familiarly a Blackberry..

09-13-10 11:29 PM
    i can't wait WOOT gooo rogers!
    i wonder if i should wait for the white one...
    09-14-10 12:42 AM
    Awesome Sauce for the responces folks !!! remember 10 more days !
    I would like to put in that even though I don't have one yet.
    One Feature that i've been dying to try is the Wireless upload of Music Tranfers via same wireless router that's conected from your comp.
    09-14-10 06:20 AM
    I absolutely LOVE my Torch--- and everything about it! I had almost every BB on the market, HTC, the DROID2 and I'd even tried the iPhone. Nothing compares
    09-14-10 09:10 AM
    1. Large Screen AND a keyboard
    2. Better web experience (though it still needs a little work)
    3. Size
    09-14-10 09:11 AM
    1. Vertical Style Slider - Keyboard, Touchscreen Hybrid with a familiar BB look
    2. Webkit Browser thanks to the new responsive OS (hopefully users on 5.0 will get this browser too!)
    3. Universal Search

along with all the standard features like notifications, BBM, push email, security etc that can be found on other BB devices.
    09-14-10 09:48 AM
    bluetooth
    wifi
    browser
    09-14-10 12:58 PM
    Thanks for all the replies...

Just like a kid waiting for his Christmas presents... Another 8 days till the Spet 24th...
    09-16-10 07:38 PM
    A torch pep rally? That's funny!
    09-16-10 07:43 PM
    As a first time bb owner, I simply love the layout. I've played around on other peoples older bb models and decided to give the line a try.

1. The physical keyboard feels amazing and allows for very fast typing(maybe that's just me)

2. Excellent video and photo quality(flash is excellent, sound on video also very good quality)

3. Notifications pop up very quickly, emails, fb, all that good stuff.

And as noted by others the new leakd os upgrade made my experience even more enjoyable. I'm currently running 225 and am in love.

09-16-10 07:58 PM
    The device is simply worth it's weight in gold with the physical keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen. No other device can compare with its versatility, dependability and ease of use.
    09-17-10 08:56 AM
    As much as I loved my 9000, I can't seem to use it anymore - os 6 is great (.225), love the larger screen, and I never thought I would like a touchscreen so much... the touch/physical is the only way to go for me.
    09-18-10 04:33 PM
    i'm still with .214 and everything is working smoother and faster than the out of the box OS..
    still on the fence with he .225, maybe this week when i got the free time
    09-18-10 04:44 PM
    i'm still with .214 and everything is working smoother and faster than the out of the box OS..
    still on the fence with he .225, maybe this week when i got the free time
    There's no reason to be apprehensive about .225, it's basically .214 with some bugs fixed. Definitely worth it.

09-18-10 06:13 PM
    Ahhhhh I can't wait till Sept 24th... This is killing me!!!

My game plan is the following

1) Already booked off my work agenda from 11-2. This should give me plenty of time to procure the phone and play with it.
    2) Advise and encourage my girlfriend to have a girls' night out on Sept 24th cause I need alone time!!!!
    3) Right after work, I will upgrade right away to 214/225 if Telus is releasing the Torch with 141
    4) Of course, I must pay respect to my Storm 9530. Even though it was not the best phone, it is my first BB and I enjoyed every moment with it (even the 1000s of battery pulls)

Patience is a virtue.

Cheers,
    09-18-10 10:30 PM
    came from blackberry 8900 to the torch, loooove it!! love the combo. Love the connection to the world thru bbm, facebook, universal search....
    Getting connected to the world in seconds.. what a phone is supposed to do and the torch is THE phone to do it with
    09-19-10 06:22 AM
    Too all Canadians - I would recommend upgrading to .225 ASAP.. like, as soon as you get home.. like, download it now.

1. Universal Search
    2. The Podcasts App
    3. All of the iPhone/Android users asking "um, wtf is that thing?"
    09-19-10 06:49 AM
    Spending a whole day with a new phone like the Torch is something that my Wife will never understand.

09-19-10 09:30 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD