I noticed that I only have the full power off option when there is an alarm set, and this is only through the icon on the home screen, not via the main power button (end call button).

When I click on the full power off option it doesn't fully power off and simply goes into hiberation, as per the turn off option.

Has anybody else had this problem, or knows what the reason is or how to fix it, so that it does fully power off without having to take the battery out each time?
    01-09-11 02:10 PM
    Hold the red button down until says it's powering off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 02:12 PM
    when i hold it down it only does what the "turn off" option does and not the "full power off"
    01-09-11 02:17 PM
    the best way to have a BB completely shut down is to pull the battery and leave it out until you want to use it again.
    01-09-11 02:30 PM
    Well, THAT was helpful..

01-09-11 02:34 PM
    hey, it's how it is. I didn't make it. Using the red power off button only hybernates the phones for quick turn on.
    01-09-11 02:58 PM
    As SmakBerry said, The BlackBerry has always been like this, The red button simply puts the device into a standby/hibernation mode, This goes all the way back to my 7290 from 2002, to the Torch I have today in 2011.

If you need the device fully off, Pull the battery and leave it out.
    01-09-11 04:24 PM
    Well, THAT was helpful..

Yeah, he wasn't being sarcastic. That's how you do it.
    01-09-11 07:31 PM
    When I turn my BlackBerry off by holding the red button down, it says "Turning handheld off. Press any key to abort." I get the carrier splash screen, the shutdown tone, and it goes black. No buttons work, no sounds, no lights, no notifications come through, radios are powered off. How much more "off" do you want? Technically, since it's still holding the OS in some sort of stasis state in memory, you could call it hibernation, I guess, but that's pretty much off.

I'm not sure what the OP is looking for, in terms of "off", but as far as I know the Power Off state does not require a reload of the OS. If this is what you are looking for, for the device to reboot after you power it back on, then, yes, you have to leave the battery out.
    01-10-11 09:04 AM
    (clip) When I click on the full power off option it doesn't fully power off and simply goes into hiberation, as per the turn off option.
    when i hold it down it only does what the "turn off" option does and not the "full power off"
    I think the device is in the same state (standby/hibernate.. whatever you want to call it) once it's powered off from either option. At least that's how mine is. I never knew there to be a difference.

When I press and hold the red end button mine says: "Turning handheld off. Press any key to abort." I get the splash screen and it goes black with no keys or buttons working except hitting the red button to turn back on. When it boots up, the splash screen is there for a second and then the device is functional.

When I choose the power button in the main menu and select 'full power off'... it does and acts exactly the same.

It has always been this way.
    01-10-11 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD