We are limping along our 9810's while I finish baking our UEM server upgrade.

Both of our Torch's are in need of new FS-1 batteries.

Looking on Amazon and eBay I see them available but the reviews on amazon about every 3rd review says "not new, won't hold a charge".

Really don't want to go through the hassle to get a battery that's in as bad a shape as the ones we have.

Anyone know of any reliable sources to get a decent FS-1 Battery?

Thanks,

Roveer
    10-26-17 12:56 PM
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...UAAOSweW5VQrfC

For $70 you should be able to find a few that would work....

In the end it's a six year old phone, while those batteries should last that long.... they really don't do well sitting in a warehouse not being charged every now and then. And I doubt anyone is making new ones, as the demand is probable very, very, extremely low. (they why they are sold so cheap in bulk)
    10-26-17 01:24 PM
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...UAAOSweW5VQrfC

For $70 you should be able to find a few that would work....

In the end it's a six year old phone, while those batteries should last that long.... they really don't do well sitting in a warehouse not being charged every now and then. And I doubt anyone is making new ones, as the demand is probable very, very, extremely low. (they why they are sold so cheap in bulk)
    Were giving one of these a shot

https://www.batteriesplus.com/replac...Blackberry/FS1
    10-26-17 07:13 PM
    I get my Blakcberry batteries from eBay and Amazon. I would look for what listed as new and with pictures of the actual batteries and would buy if the batteries are still in their plastic bags with the labels on the bags, or those which are in original retail packaging. I bought batteries for models as old as the Blackberry 62xx series. So far I had one lot of 5 C-S2 batteries which came as used instead of new.

To check if the battery is used or not, look at the copper contacts and see if there is any mark on their faces. Turn the battery to different angles so to see the contact faces under different light angles. An well used battery would have very obvious marks and often are long streaks. Batteries which are lightly used and have not been pull out too often would have small faint point-like marks somewhere in the middle of the contact faces.

Batteries for the 62xx series, or C series batteries have been around for 10 years or more. So they won't take a charge if charging the normal way, i.e. using the corresponding chargers with recommended voltage or amp. I've got the external charging sleeves and used the Passport or Playbook charger with them. These give 1300 mAh and 2000 mAh which will jump-start the batteries. I've also got a 1000 mAh USB charger which is quite enough for the early models' batteries. Leave them to charge with these charger for 15-20 minute then move them to their normal chargers to charge till full. Do 2-3 complete charge/discharge cycle to fully 'activate' the batteries then carry on with normal usage.
    If you search for how to jump start a battery, you may find that some use the normal square battery - they give 9V I believe - to jump start phone battery. This gives both higher voltage and amp at the same time which works great.
    Ah, I once has a 5821 which I had to leave it on the charger for almost 3 months before its battery came alive again. Kind of plugged it in and forgot about it until one morning I came to the office and its screen suddenly turned on. It was a new 5821 so I was hoping it would wake up. So a dead battery may not be dead at all.

Posted via CB10
    xenh likes this.
    11-03-17 07:36 AM