This is my first BB. Had it for 1 day. Extremely frustrated in learning how to use it. Desktop software instructions are vague as is owner's manual. Written for those who've owned BBs in the past. Where oh where can I get step-by-step instruction on how to use this darned thing? Would love to find somebody who can personally show me how! For instance, can you download outlook 2000 contacts onto the phone? Where can I find out what the symbols mean that sometimes appear at the top of the home screen? Too many questions to ask here...
    12-17-10 07:25 PM
    12-17-10 07:31 PM
    The icons guide and other info is here:

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Series - Manuals and Guides
    bb1st likes this.
    12-17-10 07:33 PM
    Have you been through the BB 101 stuff in the "How To" section?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bb1st likes this.
    12-17-10 07:39 PM
    Thank you for the help...I'll take a look at everything. Appreciate your time in responding!
    12-17-10 08:00 PM
    I found the list of seminar topics here on CB to be extremely helpful!
    12-17-10 08:43 PM
    My Torch is my first Blackberry as well. Coming from my previous phone, it was a real learning curve, but you will find that the Blackberry is very logical. As others have said, go to the 101 courses and learn from that. The Blackberry.com sight also has learning tutorials specific to the Torch. Hang in there, my frustration quickly went away through Tutorials and through trial and error and through searching on this Crackberry sight. You will love your Torch soon.
    12-17-10 09:05 PM
    Or the best suggestion as me being a sales rep for ATT would be go back to the rep who sold you the phone have them show you how to use it and basics and rate them low on there cft score because they are supposed to do that. But then again that would be my opinion.if not feel free to message me on here and I will give you my buisness email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 02:34 AM
    some of the most helpful tips I've had on BB usage...

- press and hold a letter key to capitalize the letter - works on the physical keyboard and the touchscreen keyboard;

- to lock in access to the number & symbol keys, press and hold the 1-2-3 button on the touchscreen keyboard, or press the alt & caps buttons together on the physical keyboard;

- be aware of the autotext list, and edit it if you think it would be useful to you to make changes to the autotext list. For example, if you type il, autotext replaces it with I'll. Lots of other helpful shortcuts in the autotext list. For example, most English contractions like don't and won't are on the standard autotext list so you don't need to type in the apostrophes yourself. I know I know a lot of you are thinking WTF apostrophes??? well some of us still like to spell properly in our emails etc so this feature is only helpful if you like to spell things correctly!

- and one more thing... the auto-on-off setting. I hate getting calls or other messages overnight. By setting the auto-on-off feature, the phone turns itself off at a time I specify and it turns back on at a time I specify. I'm free to override these settings anytime by just using the usual power on/off button.
    12-18-10 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD