PictureID v3.1 for BlackBerry OS5 and OS6 Beautiful full screen picture caller ID for the BlackBerry. You can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. Assign picture for callers not in your pictureID list and picture for unknown callers.

Limitation: Full screen will NOT work if your BB is locked or keyboard locked. If you use keyboard locking the workaround is to use a 3rd party locking app like PatterLock Lite free.

Sorry codes are all gone.

OTA Install http://www.toysoft.ca/os5/PictureID.jad

For more info http://software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=66236
    Last edited by Smiley88; 11-19-10 at 12:05 PM.
    homer1475 likes this.
    11-19-10 11:30 AM
    Blah...my torch is arriving today. I'm sure not in time to be one of the first 5. Looks cool though.
    11-19-10 11:32 AM
    Email sent with pin. Even if I dont get one of the first 5 free ones. I think I'll be buying this one.
    11-19-10 11:35 AM
    Sent my pin in. Hope I get one of the five.
    11-19-10 11:38 AM
    I have purchased this app about a month ago for my torch and did not work, the screen comes blanc i try to get support but i gave up , my two cents!!!
    11-19-10 11:48 AM
    Awesome APP just tried it from my home phone. works great.
    Smiley88 likes this.
    11-19-10 11:50 AM
    pin sent...hope I'm in time...lol
    11-19-10 12:05 PM
    I have purchased this app about a month ago for my torch and did not work, the screen comes blanc i try to get support but i gave up , my two cents!!!
    You had a Torch back then? it should work fine. You have set all permissions for the app?
    11-19-10 12:06 PM
    Ok I just download the try version, I have add a contact from my contact list in which I have a picture for and still comes blanc, can you walk me througu how to get it working propertly.

Thanks
    11-19-10 12:26 PM
    Sorry it works
    11-19-10 12:28 PM
    Ok after using this for a day, I have noticed a couple bugs.

First bug, When assigning pictures to contacts it keeps copying pictures to the root of my SD card. If i Delete these pictures Then it shows I have no pictures set. Whats odd is it doesn't do it for all pictures. I thought maybe it was because some were in the camera directory of the SD card while others were in the picture folder. Moved the ones that were in the camera folder to the picture folder, but it still continues to make duplicate copies on the root of the SD card.

Secondly, I charge my phone in a desktop cradle and have it set to use the clock and go into bedside mode. Last night when i put it in the cradle, it went into bedside mode and as soon as the screen went dim, I got the main page of the app with all my pictures. It's the first page you see when you click on the app.

I have tried multiple battery pulls, and nothing fixes it.

Hopefully toysoft will see this and can figure it out and release a fix for it.
    11-20-10 06:26 AM
    Just something else I just noticed.

When the screen times out, or you put it into lock mode. When you first pick it up and reactivate the screen, for a split second you can see the first page of the app before it switches to my normal home screen.

Edit:
    Just noticed this does the same thing when plugged into my pc. Hopefully toysoft will fix this or I for one will be deleting this app. as for one I don't need duplicate pictures all over the place, And I need my clock in bedside mode.

It's a nice app and works as described, but its the minor bugs that are really annoying.
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-20-10 at 08:35 AM.
    11-20-10 06:49 AM
    Just sent an email to toysoft. Hopefully they will respond. They have a very good rep around here so I'm thinking they will get it fixed.
    11-20-10 08:37 AM
    I am using the trial version on my bold 9000 and the full screen picture ID doesn't show up. Do I need to go through some kind of setup?
    11-20-10 11:59 AM
    Ok after using this for a day, I have noticed a couple bugs.

First bug, When assigning pictures to contacts it keeps copying pictures to the root of my SD card. If i Delete these pictures Then it shows I have no pictures set. Whats odd is it doesn't do it for all pictures. I thought maybe it was because some were in the camera directory of the SD card while others were in the picture folder. Moved the ones that were in the camera folder to the picture folder, but it still continues to make duplicate copies on the root of the SD card.

Secondly, I charge my phone in a desktop cradle and have it set to use the clock and go into bedside mode. Last night when i put it in the cradle, it went into bedside mode and as soon as the screen went dim, I got the main page of the app with all my pictures. It's the first page you see when you click on the app.

I have tried multiple battery pulls, and nothing fixes it.

Hopefully toysoft will see this and can figure it out and release a fix for it.
    when you do a lookup for a contact picid saves the contact picture on the sd card. this avoid have to search the contact each time you get a call from the caller.

picID doesnt work very well in bedside mode. it has problem taking the device out of bedside mode.

goto picid prefs screen and scroll down the bottom and uncheck the checkbox for where it says LCD screen.
    homer1475 likes this.
    11-20-10 12:47 PM
    I am using the trial version on my bold 9000 and the full screen picture ID doesn't show up. Do I need to go through some kind of setup?
    picID will not work on 9000 with OS4.6.

if you have OS5 then make sure you do these steps

1 do battery pull to reset your bb

2 set all permissions to allow in the Options->application app for picid

3 run picid and goto the prefs and set both unknown and known pictures in the PictureID tab

4 if you LCD is off and you see a black screen when you get a call then run picid and goto prefs and scroll down to the bottom and check the last checkbox about LCD screen
    11-20-10 12:50 PM
    when you do a lookup for a contact picid saves the contact picture on the sd card. this avoid have to search the contact each time you get a call from the caller.

picID doesnt work very well in bedside mode. it has problem taking the device out of bedside mode.

goto picid prefs screen and scroll down the bottom and uncheck the checkbox for where it says LCD screen.

So if I read this correctly, pics I set as ID's will always be copied over to my SD card?

That's kind of annoying since they have to be in 2 separate locations.

My pics are already on my SD card and it only copied some. Its odd, some of my pics I have set as ID's in my phonebook and in picID, they stayed where they were. Some others, picID copied them to the root of my SD card. So its not every picture and I cant for the life of me figure out the difference. All pics were taken with my torch, all pics are the same size(file and actual pic), all pics are on my SD card(some in my library while others are in my Camera folder but still on the SD card). I tried moving the ones that pic ID copied to the root of my SD card over to my library(they were in the camera folder on my SD card) and they were still copied over to the root of the SD card.

If that's the way it has to be that's fine, just so long as people know that when they buy the app(I got it for free with your give away so I'm not that worried about it).

The option for the LCD screen took care of bedside mode as well as all the time I was seeing the front page for the picID app when coming out of a locked or screen timeout status.

Overall a great app and does exactly as it was described. Now if I can get this stupid picture copying thing figured out, I'll be as happy as a bug in a rug.
    11-20-10 04:43 PM
    I have almost 300 contacts. If I purchase this app, I would assume that I would have to make new pics (full size) for each of my contacts for the PictureID to work. Is this a correct assumption?
    11-20-10 04:48 PM
    I have almost 300 contacts. If I purchase this app, I would assume that I would have to make new pics (full size) for each of my contacts for the PictureID to work. Is this a correct assumption?
    well that would take you all day to do and you would get p*ssed very quickly. the way you should use picid is ONLY assign full screen pictures for people who call your on a regular basis. For all other callers you can just set a global known and unknown callerID. At anytime you can create a new picid for a new caller.

it would not make any sense to manually create 300 custom picIDs.

we get alot of support email about why you cant just import all your contacts. the answer is really simple. the pictures in each contact is in thumbnail format and it looks ugly when resized to full screen. that is why you have assign a new picture that covers the entire screen. otherwise why use picid if you going to use the tiny pic.
    11-20-10 05:03 PM
    So if I read this correctly, pics I set as ID's will always be copied over to my SD card?

That's kind of annoying since they have to be in 2 separate locations.

My pics are already on my SD card and it only copied some. Its odd, some of my pics I have set as ID's in my phonebook and in picID, they stayed where they were. Some others, picID copied them to the root of my SD card. So its not every picture and I cant for the life of me figure out the difference. All pics were taken with my torch, all pics are the same size(file and actual pic), all pics are on my SD card(some in my library while others are in my Camera folder but still on the SD card). I tried moving the ones that pic ID copied to the root of my SD card over to my library(they were in the camera folder on my SD card) and they were still copied over to the root of the SD card.

If that's the way it has to be that's fine, just so long as people know that when they buy the app(I got it for free with your give away so I'm not that worried about it).

The option for the LCD screen took care of bedside mode as well as all the time I was seeing the front page for the picID app when coming out of a locked or screen timeout status.

Overall a great app and does exactly as it was described. Now if I can get this stupid picture copying thing figured out, I'll be as happy as a bug in a rug.
    i'll double check why the reason picid makes a copy of the pic but if my memory is correct it should only create the pic when you import or do a contact lookup.
    11-20-10 05:04 PM
    i'll double check why the reason picid makes a copy of the pic but if my memory is correct it should only create the pic when you import or do a contact lookup.
    Care to explain this one... I'm not positive on what you mean by a "contact lookup". I "lookup"(yes I used the lookup feature instead of manually adding them in) all my contacts to add to this app, then move to the pic tab and add a pic from my SD card.

What I don't understand and by your definition, If the pic is already on my SD card in another folder, why would it recreate the pic on the root of my SD card?

I just thought of something although it probably has nothing to do with it. If a pic isn't set for the known and unknown would that cause it to copy files?
    11-20-10 05:10 PM
    well that would take you all day to do and you would get p*ssed very quickly. the way you should use picid is ONLY assign full screen pictures for people who call your on a regular basis. For all other callers you can just set a global known and unknown callerID. At anytime you can create a new picid for a new caller.

it would not make any sense to manually create 300 custom picIDs.

we get alot of support email about why you cant just import all your contacts. the answer is really simple. the pictures in each contact is in thumbnail format and it looks ugly when resized to full screen. that is why you have assign a new picture that covers the entire screen. otherwise why use picid if you going to use the tiny pic.
    That makes sense. So I set PicID up for my most frequent callers. Is there any way to use PicID for those callers and the default call screen for the others? If not, do I just set up a generic pic that shows for the balance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 05:29 PM
    That makes sense. So I set PicID up for my most frequent callers. Is there any way to use PicID for those callers and the default call screen for the others? If not, do I just set up a generic pic that shows for the balance?

Yes you set a pic for all the others, or as I have done do not set one and it shows the default call screen, and only shows the picID for the ones I have set.
    11-20-10 05:59 PM
    Yes you set a pic for all the others, or as I have done do not set one and it shows the default call screen, and only shows the picID for the ones I have set.
    THANKS, I'm going to give it a try!

11-20-10 06:09 PM
    I figured out the picture deal. I just looked at the image size and for some reason when i chose copy/paste from within the device it changed the size of the pictures to 1232x912 . Don't ask me I didn't make the app(that's your job ). As soon as i made them 1600x1200 and set them, they dont copy over to the root of the SD card.
    11-20-10 06:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD