Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry is Java based

3 37.50%
  • Java is slow

3 37.50%
  • BlackBerry does not support media playing and recording properly

4 50.00%
  • Skype cannot run on BB, there must be a reason.

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    As I know many of our BlackBerry fans are looking for a software for BlackBerry devices to make cheap call over internet or 3G.

Finally, there is one, furthermore, it is free. Even you can get free credit to call normal phones over internet. It is useful especially when you are roaming your phone.

Google 'MessagingBay' or go to their website to download: www dot messagingbay dot com
    04-19-11 10:06 AM
    There are a couple others as well one is tringme.
    04-19-11 10:12 AM
    I tried TringMe, it looks like it is not a TRUE VOIP, but callback.

For these:
    They are simple TRUE VOIP software. Nothing else
    Last edited by mphonebb; 04-19-11 at 10:29 AM. Reason: URL does not display properly
    04-19-11 10:26 AM
    As I know many of our BlackBerry fans are looking for a software for BlackBerry devices to make cheap call over internet or 3G.

Finally, there is one, furthermore, it is free. Even you can get free credit to call normal phones over internet. It is useful especially when you are roaming your phone.

Google 'MessagingBay' or go to their website to download: www dot messagingbay dot com
    Just curious....has anyone tried this? I'm always a little wary when the OP suggests you download something with their first post.
    04-19-11 10:31 AM
    Just curious....has anyone tried this? I'm always a little wary when the OP suggests you download something with their first post.
    Exactly what I was thinking. With 4 posts and all are spamming this app, I'm guessing he/she is the developer and want's people to know it's out there.
    04-19-11 10:34 AM
    Another true VOIP is fgVoIP.

You are right, I am the developer of the MPhoneBB. I have evaluated almost all so call 'VOIP program' for BlackBerry. fgVOIP is one and then MPhoneBB. Yourself can try the difference:-). Others are more or less callback .

Anyway, it is FREE!
    04-19-11 10:50 AM
    I tried TringMe, it looks like it is not a TRUE VOIP, but callback.

For these:

They are simple TRUE VOIP software. Nothing else
    Tringme can do either callback or true voip. Dont think there are any true voip solutions for the cdma berries though. I did have issues with tringme not working over 3g for me, worked fine over wifi though. They gave me a refund. Very nice tech support. Blackvoib is a nice sip client that I use. Kinda pricey at $30 but it works very well. Its also one of the first proper voip clients for BB that I saw.
    04-19-11 12:25 PM
    For BlackBerry, some phones do not support recording and playing at the same time. some do not support PCM recording (like many devices in CDMA).

For those of devices, especially, for phones does not support recording and playing at the same time, there is no way to support TRUE VOIP.

For devices on CDMA, it does support GSM instead of PCM codec.

For most BlackBerry outside of America, it does support true VOIP.

I have test program to test whether a BlackBerry support VOIP or not. I have written some document on facebook group: 'blackberry VOIP'. Basically, the testing purpose is to check whether your blackberry phone does support playing and recording at the same time!!!

In addition, you can just download MPhoneBB on messagingbay website to try, it is free.

Register one account on messagingbay website, use the same username/password to login, even if you do not have credit to call, you still can login from mobile program. But when you call, the system will play a welcome voice file.

Regards
    04-19-11 06:07 PM
    For more information, mphonebb is not SIP client. It is based on IAX protocol. The advantage is that it use much less bandwidth than SIP protocol. Compared to blackvoib, tringMe (they are sip based), IAX based VOIP program like mphonebb uses about 20% less traffic due to No RTP overhead. It is important to save any bits of resources for BlackBerry devices.

Another special feature is to support call recording if you enter prefix 666666 in front of normal callee number and you will receive email about downloading your recorded voice file.

If you buy credit and do not work, we refund to you without question you.

Lastly, we only use the best quality VOIP termination, if quality is not good, you can feedback to me, so that I can refund you or improve the VOIP termination quality.

Anyway, hope BlackBerry users have more choice.
    04-19-11 06:19 PM
    check out netTALK
    Works fairly well and also free
    04-20-11 06:33 PM
    I got slammed with a virus on my PC last week (Windows Home Antivirus). I'm not going to download anything until I see a few more experienced members indicate that this is "fair dinkum"
    04-21-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD