Why are all the devices running OS 5 getting OS6 updates when there isn't even a new update for the Torch?
    12-13-10 02:22 PM
    but no Torch??? they all got .418! remember when we told them all to chillax and get a Torch if they want os6...now look at us begging for scraps lol

12-13-10 02:33 PM
    come on remember us torch users
    12-13-10 03:13 PM
    Seriously! Where is our leak? ... I'm feelin very "left out"... ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 03:33 PM
    Why are all the devices running OS 5 getting OS6 updates when there isn't even a new update for the Torch?

RIM has said all of these devices are getting OS6, why does it matter if a +.400 hasn't leaked for Torch yet?
    12-13-10 03:34 PM
    So, We're not going to see the new OS today... #Fail
    12-13-10 05:19 PM
    Why is everyone so impatient about this release? Surely you would rather RIM DIDN'T rush it, got everything perfect and fixed and made this the best OS update yet?
    12-13-10 06:10 PM
    Oh, I'm sure the 400+s are out there for the Torch, just no one has leaked them ... I think that's where the impatience comes in...
    12-13-10 06:59 PM
    Why is everyone so impatient about this release? Surely you would rather RIM DIDN'T rush it, got everything perfect and fixed and made this the best OS update yet?
    That's really not a factor. RIM pushes out these builds pretty quickly and sends them to carriers to test. They are constantly fixing and sending out new builds. RIM isn't rushing anything to give this to someone who will leak it to us - they just keep working and once in awhile their work gets leaked.
    12-13-10 07:10 PM
    Looks like the plumbers kept this from leaking. Maybe a carrier will release it soon but Im sure they are past this now with .418 leaking for other GSM devices
    12-13-10 07:15 PM
    Damm.. The 9700 seems to get all the love with the leaks up to 6.0.0.418. The 9800, still with 337
    12-13-10 08:28 PM
    Seriously, are people having that many problems with .337? I personally find that it works well for everything I do so I'm in no hurry for another O/S update
    12-13-10 08:54 PM
    Damm.. The 9700 seems to get all the love with the leaks up to 6.0.0.418. The 9800, still with 337

i had a 9700 and i remember how long it took for an OS6 to finally leak. it's just how it is.. when an OS for another phone leaks, it seems like it's taking forever for one for the phone you own. it'll leak when it leaks.

.337 has been nice and stable for me.
    12-13-10 09:16 PM
    So, We're not going to see the new OS today... #Fail
    Dude... You failed

12-13-10 11:06 PM
    Any news guys ?
    12-14-10 11:41 AM
    Seriously, are people having that many problems with .337? I personally find that it works well for everything I do so I'm in no hurry for another O/S update
    The answer to the almost rhetorical question is: no. So why are people anxious for a new update...probably cause they just want one. Gotta have the next new thing. I am with you, I'm in no hurry. One will come out when it comes out...maybe to fix the little picture swipe bug that sometimes occurs.
    12-14-10 12:33 PM
    we just want to feel the excitement and all the adrenaline running through our blood while setup installing the new OS
    12-14-10 12:53 PM
    we just want to feel the excitement and all the adrenaline running through our blood while setup installing the new OS
    Hehehehe...or as my Latino daughter in law posts, "jajajajaja". Adrenaline junkies, huh.
    12-14-10 12:58 PM
    The answer to the almost rhetorical question is: no. So why are people anxious for a new update...probably cause they just want one. Gotta have the next new thing. I am with you, I'm in no hurry. One will come out when it comes out...maybe to fix the little picture swipe bug that sometimes occurs.
    I think it would go over rather well if they fixed the sms bug. Also, it would be nice to see a fix for the bug that resets your browser when you fill a text box.

These two fixes could make me ignore the creaking...
    12-14-10 08:24 PM
    Overall, the phone is ok. No major PITA bugs but there are still some bugs that I would hope will be fixed.

For example, there will be times when I dont see any icons on my BB. All my tabs are missing.

- Charles
    12-14-10 09:03 PM
    We Still Waiting
    12-16-10 06:40 PM
    Meh. It'll leak when it leaks. This Rroy guy doesn't have any better info than we do.
    12-16-10 07:59 PM
    OMG. Why won't this thread die? Seriously. I've refrained soooo many times from asking this question so that I'm not part of its sustanance, but I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
    *sigh*
    I really needed to let that out. Feeling better now.

12-16-10 08:33 PM
    is today the day we get a newer awesomer os???? PLEASE!
    12-16-10 11:42 PM
    OMG. Why won't this thread die? Seriously. I've refrained soooo many times from asking this question so that I'm not part of its sustanance, but I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!
    *sigh*
    I really needed to let that out. Feeling better now.

Glad you're feeling better. I'll have my nurse send the bill in the morning.

But you know why this thread's not going to die till a new OS version is out. There's always someone who has to have "the latest & greatest", even if it's worse than what they had before. And some of us won't leave well enough alone. Like me when I switched from .284 to .337. For me, .284 had the best battery life, smoothest operation. The couple of bugs that .284 introduced actually weren't that annoying to me & got me to start using my trackpad more. But after all the glowing reports, I just had to try .337. Worse battery life & not as smooth. And any time I've tried going back a version, the things I went back for never seem to be restored.

And having said that. I've now continued this thread some more.
    12-18-10 08:41 AM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD