Can't wait for a new release. 337 seems okay on my 2 day old Torch. Better than 246 for sure. But maybe its the touch screen 9800 vs 9700 but the battery seems to drain a bit faster. Not dramatic, but noticeable.
    Biggest battery drain on the torch is 3G...

Set for 2G only and you'll double/triple your battery life.
    12-08-10 04:21 PM
    Biggest battery drain on the torch is 3G...

Set for 2G only and you'll double/triple your battery life.
    Nah, it's still long enough to last me the day, so it's all good for now.
    12-08-10 06:04 PM
    The next OS update version, whatever it is, will be out when it is out. These OS threads are just speculation at best.
    dont be ******
    12-08-10 07:39 PM
    when its coming out ?? am dying for an update
    12-09-10 01:53 PM
    Yawn! I don't really care as I have zero issues with .337...Battery life is great!, fast & fluid, life is all good.
    I Agree! Torch is running great since the last update - the only thing that bothers me is the text messages not being at the bottom of the thread when I open them....but that's such a small inconvenience.
    12-09-10 05:08 PM
    .337 is good, but not perfect. I have some issues with it. Lag is one. There also seems to be a random issue where my home screen disappears.
    12-09-10 09:40 PM
    I don't get how everyone does deeply complain about the torch's battery. My iphone 3gs's battery SUCKED. My Torch destroys it in every way, like it lasts 2 days where my Iphone would die in 1 with less browsing/text easily. RIM definitely could have done a much better job, however they didn't. This is also a touch phone, not a bold/curve it powers a huge screen. First time touch phone users don't seem to understand that the battery life on touchphones just isn't as good as a standard phone. From my understanding the Torch has a better battery than i4? and my brothers stupid *** droid lol.
    Totally agree, Battery on my tourch will last 2 days, and this is with contant bbming, texting, searching, etc. While my wifes Iphonce 4 on the other hand has to be rechared daily with less activity.g
    12-09-10 10:00 PM
    ive done everything possible from deleting apps, minimizing use etc to gain the best battery life possible out of this phone. im furious. i unplugged it at 5pm and have only made a 10 minute phone call and sent a few BBMs. im down to 45% already. its pathetic.

my battery issues have become much more horrible after upgrading to .337 and downloading Kik messenger. i have since deleted Kik and it got a little better. still waiting for a new OS. if this keeps up, im gonna goto the 9780. i want to like the Torch, but having a phone that cant keep up with minimal usage in 12 hrs before nearly dying is pathetic. i NEVER had this trouble with the 9700 with extremely heavy usage. its like i cant even use my phone how i used to or want to, for fear its going to die on me. its pathetic. at idle, the damn thing loses 1% of battery life ever 10 mins. 6-10% per hour?? at idle?? BS!!!!
    sorry dude...i sincerely feel your sorry..
    12-10-10 03:18 AM
    We keep telling you that your battery is defective.

TAKE IT BACK.

I make 3 20(or roughly there about) minute phone calls every day and my battery only drops by 2% and less then .1% an hour at idle. I have my screen at 100% brightness, wifi is always on, and BT is always on, Berryweather updates every 5 minutes, twitter updates every 10 minutes, I make roughly 100 text messages a a day, don't really use BBM that much but do use it on occasion, some web surfing(but not a ton), and send and receive several emails a day. My battery easily last an entire day(12 hours). Im typically at 40% at the end of the day.

According to BB meter I run at minimum 0.1%, maximum 10.4% and average is 3.2%. I reset the stats every day just to keep an eye on it.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention I'm running a hybrid OS. Even still before I started running the hybrid my battery usage isn't much difference. I used to be at roughly 20% at the end of the day as opposed to the 40% I have now.
    dude..please what hybrid os are you using? please direct me to the link to get it...thanks in advance
    12-10-10 03:21 AM
    i pray that the battery life will improve over what we have now. im about to ditch the torch if this battery life continues to stink.
    torch is a good phone...there are ways of saving your battery if you really want to...

1...Turn network to 2G alone
    2...turn off GPS connection
    3...reduce screen/display brightness

OTHERS
    1...leave non-active BBM groups
    2...delete non-active BBM contacts
    3...in BBM picture option..make sure the pictures are not saving to memory card/device memory
    12-10-10 03:23 AM
    search for mobile friendly p*rn sites - may help your battery life <lol>
    lol
    12-10-10 03:23 AM
    So... When we're gonna see this OS?
    12-10-10 01:34 PM
    i hope soon
    12-10-10 02:51 PM
    We've been waiting for more than a month before and still no OS for The Torch
    12-10-10 04:24 PM
    .399, .410...................not seeing either. What gives?
    12-10-10 10:55 PM
    Here we are almost a week later and no update. Surely we would have seen a blog post on this site or a Tweet from one of the CB Forum Managers. The next update will be out when the carrier decides to make it available for download.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 06:30 AM
    Yeah, I've been checking the forum multiple times a day. I'm a little upset that someone would create this thread and tell us it's on the way when we'd have to wait so long. Why not just wait until it's out to let us know? Now I have expectations for this update to be out and I'm waiting.
    12-11-10 12:54 PM
    Yeah, I've been checking the forum multiple times a day. I'm a little upset that someone would create this thread and tell us it's on the way when we'd have to wait so long. Why not just wait until it's out to let us know? Now I have expectations for this update to be out and I'm waiting.

well, feel the pain
    12-11-10 01:29 PM
    Lol. As usual, I'll be on a business trip, away from the hotel room(and laptop), or in the field conducting an investigation........and it will get leaked or released.
    12-11-10 01:46 PM
    any news about it guys ??
    12-12-10 02:24 PM
    Settle down spaz
    12-12-10 04:15 PM
    *OFF TOPIC* Do you think QNX will be available for BB Torch?
    12-12-10 04:51 PM
    Not going to happen. The OS requires significantly higher hardware. They basically said they're waiting for real dual core mobile cpus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ewakil12 likes this.
    12-12-10 04:54 PM
    you're breaking my balls
    12-12-10 07:44 PM
    .410 for the 9700 now .418 for the 9300 and 9700. No love for the Torch lately!

I guess we had it too good a few months ago when we got leaks every Monday.
    12-13-10 12:54 PM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD