Hehehehe. Getting tired of answering the same questions over and over yet jeffreii?
    lol I think my natural reaction is now to pretend it's the first time I've heard it...defense mechanism I guess!
    12-07-10 09:33 AM
    search for mobile friendly p*rn sites - may help your battery life <lol>
    Last edited by blockbuy; 12-07-10 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    12-07-10 09:52 AM
    when i first got the phone, i did the device switch wizard from my 9700. it transferred all apps over from the 9700 too. im wondering if thats what messed it up instead of fresh downloading them to the device. im gonna nuke it later and reinstall .337 and manually download all apps again.
    12-07-10 09:55 AM
    when i first got the phone, i did the device switch wizard from my 9700. it transferred all apps over from the 9700 too. im wondering if thats what messed it up instead of fresh downloading them to the device. im gonna nuke it later and reinstall .337 and manually download all apps again.
    I'm not sure that would cause your battery issue but it's worth a try - I'd also suggest not doing a full restore from your backup - just do a selective restore and restore data/contacts/calendar etc and do the settings yourself.
    12-07-10 10:34 AM
    search for mobile friendly p*rn sites - may help your battery life <lol>
    Good one ! LMAO
    12-07-10 10:50 AM
    I've used every single OS (official and leak) since the release of the device and I haven't seen any significant difference in battery life between any of them. I've been able to get about 2 days out of a single charge on every OS, so I seriously doubt it's an OS issue. Sounds much more like a bad battery than anything else.
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-07-10 12:37 PM
    I've used every single OS (official and leak) since the release of the device and I haven't seen any significant difference in battery life between any of them. I've been able to get about 2 days out of a single charge on every OS, so I seriously doubt it's an OS issue. Sounds much more like a bad battery than anything else.
    Agreed - I have not seen any significant battery life change between 141 161 214 225 246 284 nor 337...despite the many people claiming they notice a difference.
    funnykindel likes this.
    12-07-10 01:12 PM
    .337 dph is higher than .284 and 246.

You can use a battery meter app to get some idea on the difference. It's not as easy to tell just by user experience.
    12-07-10 01:13 PM
    I think that most people with battery issues are going to be people that are in weak coverage areas. If I stay in the city my battery is at about 60% by the end of my work day. I'm currently working in a small town about an hour from the city and my battery will be down to about 35% by the end of the day because of weaker coverage.
    12-07-10 01:18 PM
    With .337 I did notice a difference on my device for sure. My battery thoughts have been really good in comparison to my 3gs. I definitely would not mind a extended battery though. The more the merrier. Its simple fact people, ANYone from a standard phone which is not touch, will not get the same battery usage you had on that outdated 2 inch screen. If most torch users are getting better battery life than i4, hasn't RIM done something good?
    12-07-10 01:52 PM
    With .337 I did notice a difference on my device for sure. My battery thoughts have been really good in comparison to my 3gs. I definitely would not mind a extended battery though. The more the merrier. Its simple fact people, ANYone from a standard phone which is not touch, will not get the same battery usage you had on that outdated 2 inch screen. If most torch users are getting better battery life than i4, hasn't RIM done something good?
    One of the few things where I admit superiority of the iPhone4 is battery life. It's proven to be significantly better than that of the Torch.
    12-07-10 01:58 PM
    One of the few things where I admit superiority of the iPhone4 is battery life. It's proven to be significantly better than that of the Torch.
    Numerous reviews from different companies beg the differ, as do I.

Here's just one review, from one of my more favorable companies.
    Last edited by brettmyster; 12-07-10 at 02:07 PM.
    12-07-10 02:01 PM
    Yeah most of the experiences I have heard have not said the ip4 battery is better...

Also the ip4 battery is a bit larger in the first place.
    12-07-10 02:41 PM
    I just want the new release. There has been a release of a Bold and Curve update today. So disappointing.
    12-07-10 03:36 PM
    I am still running OS .246 with no battery issues.

The next official OS update can't come soon enough. It will be interesting to see what got fixed.
    12-07-10 04:52 PM
    I find that surprising. I looked at the apple and att website, and according to their specs the torch has 5 more days of standby time. But the iphone4 supposedly has 7 hours talk time as opposed to the torch's 5.5. But how accurate is that? haha
    12-07-10 05:18 PM
    ANYone from a standard phone which is not touch, will not get the same battery usage you had on that outdated 2 inch screen.
    My Torch lasts longer than my 9000 ever did.
    12-07-10 06:13 PM
    Coverage is a major factor. At home I am 70% by end of the day. I have been at Caesars Palace in LV for the last two days and I can practically see the battery going down. I don't know if its ATT or what but the phone is constantly going from 5 bars to 1 and all over in between. I have had to charge mid day!!! Don't get me started on the apparent bandwidth! Even with good coverage pages take forever to load. I could not handle this kind of crap coverage every day. Makes me long for Rogers! Never thought I'd say that.
    12-07-10 06:54 PM
    My Torch's battery life seems to jumped lately.

It went from ~10% an hour down to ~5% an hour... still not amazing but most likely one of the best of touchscreen phones.
    12-07-10 07:08 PM
    any idea what carrier will get this update?????
    12-07-10 10:30 PM
    ive done everything possible from deleting apps, minimizing use etc to gain the best battery life possible out of this phone. im furious. i unplugged it at 5pm and have only made a 10 minute phone call and sent a few BBMs. im down to 45% already. its pathetic.

my battery issues have become much more horrible after upgrading to .337 and downloading Kik messenger. i have since deleted Kik and it got a little better. still waiting for a new OS. if this keeps up, im gonna goto the 9780. i want to like the Torch, but having a phone that cant keep up with minimal usage in 12 hrs before nearly dying is pathetic. i NEVER had this trouble with the 9700 with extremely heavy usage. its like i cant even use my phone how i used to or want to, for fear its going to die on me. its pathetic. at idle, the damn thing loses 1% of battery life ever 10 mins. 6-10% per hour?? at idle?? BS!!!!

I agree. Hope a new OS comes out soon with a fix.
    12-07-10 10:35 PM
    Yawn! I don't really care as I have zero issues with .337...Battery life is great!, fast & fluid, life is all good.
    12-07-10 11:00 PM
    ok well i nuked it to a 507 error and reinstalled .337 then manually installed all apps again. ill give it a few days/charging cycles. if it doesnt work right, its back to my 9700 i go.
    12-07-10 11:22 PM
    .284 idle battery life is better...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 11:55 PM
    Can't wait for a new release. 337 seems okay on my 2 day old Torch. Better than 246 for sure. But maybe its the touch screen 9800 vs 9700 but the battery seems to drain a bit faster. Not dramatic, but noticeable.
    12-08-10 01:32 PM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD