Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the BlackBerry Torch, and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I had a quick messaging phone (Pantech Matrix), switched to an iPhone 3G, and couldn't stand not having a physical keyboard. So here I am with BlackBerry. I'm completely new to it, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.

I've heard that the update to OS 6 is a rather good one, so I was thinking about updating, but I'm not really sure how to do it, especially with it not being official and all. Would it be better to wait until it's official to install the update? If anyone has any advice, I would totally appreciate it.
    09-10-10 10:12 AM
    Are there any downsides to updating before it's official?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-10 03:47 PM
    Moved to 9800 Forum, sorry it took so long I was on vacation. The folks in here will help you. What leak where you looking to upgrade to?
    09-20-10 09:07 AM
    Hey everyone, I recently upgraded to the BlackBerry Torch, and I'm absolutely loving it so far. I had a quick messaging phone (Pantech Matrix), switched to an iPhone 3G, and couldn't stand not having a physical keyboard. So here I am with BlackBerry. I'm completely new to it, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.

I've heard that the update to OS 6 is a rather good one, so I was thinking about updating, but I'm not really sure how to do it, especially with it not being official and all. Would it be better to wait until it's official to install the update? If anyone has any advice, I would totally appreciate it.
    Are there any downsides to updating before it's official?
    First, if the latest (.225) becomes official it will likely be the exact same thing. There's really no reason to wait now that it's been used for weeks by the CB community and proven to be a lot better than the stock AT&T .141. You can always go back to .141 if you want to for some crazy reason.

Follow the links in my signature at the bottom of this post for a discussion on the OS, a download link and the procedure and feel free to private message me or post in the .225 discussion thread for help.
    09-20-10 09:17 AM
    Okay! I will try that when I get back to my cable. I hear it's so much better, I can't wait. :D

Also, I have a couple questions:

First of all, I think I messed something up in my settings for typing and the keyboard. This is going to sound really silly, but now typing and the enter key work a little differently. When I type the first letter, it starts off lowercase and doesn't change to uppercase until I'm on the next letter. That's not really a problem, except that it does it at the end, too. So if I'm putting ":D" in my message, I hit enter, and it turns that into the smiley face. Then I have to hit enter again to send the message. It did not do this before I was poking around the keyboard options and I haven't found a way to switch it back.

Second, my LED will not stop flashing even after I've read all the unread messages if I stay in the message and lock the device. I either have to respond to the message or leave the message entirely before it will stop flashing. Do you think the software update would solve this problem?
    Last edited by tarealex; 09-20-10 at 03:56 PM.
    09-20-10 03:51 PM
    Okay! I will try that when I get back to my cable. I hear it's so much better, I can't wait.

Also, I have a couple questions:

First of all, I think I messed something up in my settings for typing and the keyboard. This is going to sound really silly, but now typing and the enter key work a little differently. When I type the first letter, it starts off lowercase and doesn't change to uppercase until I'm on the next letter. That's not really a problem, except that it does it at the end, too. So if I'm putting "" in my message, I hit enter, and it turns that into the smiley face. Then I have to hit enter again to send the message. It did not do this before I was poking around the keyboard options and I haven't found a way to switch it back.

Second, my LED will not stop flashing even after I've read all the unread messages if I stay in the message and lock the device. I either have to respond to the message or leave the message entirely before it will stop flashing. Do you think the software update would solve this problem?
    It seems like you may have some type of alert...it may not be a message could be somethin else...i kno my google voicemail will keep flashing the led until i check the message so make sure to double check that all messages from all your apps have been checked off.
    Also highly recommend upgrading to a newer os...you currently already have os6 but the newer versions fix many bugs inc lag and battery life.
    09-20-10 04:08 PM
    There's really no reason to wait now that it's been used for weeks by the CB community
    9/13 it's only been a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xandermac; 09-20-10 at 06:59 PM.
    09-20-10 06:56 PM
    Right, but there is always going to be another Leaked version coming out possibly every week. I am waiting for positive feedbacks on the improvement that .246 has in comparison to .225 that I have running.
    09-20-10 07:07 PM
    I installed the update, and you're right! It's working so much better, less lag, etc.

Anyway, it didn't fix my problem with the light flashing unless I leave the new message. :/ It seems to only apply to text messages, and I don't have anything else it could be flashing for.

Also, and I noticed this happened to other people, too, but the notifications bar only shows three of my calendar entries as opposed to how it used to fill the screen with appointments. I did not find a fix for this, so I guess I'm just stuck with it for now?

Other than that, I haven't found any problems. :D Next step: find a case, haha.
    09-21-10 03:18 PM
    I installed the update, and you're right! It's working so much better, less lag, etc.

Anyway, it didn't fix my problem with the light flashing unless I leave the new message. :/ It seems to only apply to text messages, and I don't have anything else it could be flashing for.

Also, and I noticed this happened to other people, too, but the notifications bar only shows three of my calendar entries as opposed to how it used to fill the screen with appointments. I did not find a fix for this, so I guess I'm just stuck with it for now?

Other than that, I haven't found any problems. Next step: find a case, haha.
    Actually the appts for the notification bar Was fixed from .225 soo you are going to have to deal with just 3 calendar entries instead of them taking up the whole screen which a lot of people did not like.
    09-22-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD