Anyone drop there Torch yet?

I wonder how well the sliding mechanism can sustain a hard drop.
    10-09-10 12:09 PM
    Nope, not I.

Rules

1. Never drop your beloved device.
    2. Always obey Rule#1
    3. Have a skin/case/pouch or holster.
    Last edited by North-Face; 10-09-10 at 12:19 PM.
    10-09-10 12:15 PM
    I dropped my last Torch from chest height onto concrete. Interestingly enough it already had some play in the slider like a lot of Torches do out out of the box, but there wasn't any more play than before I dropped it.
    10-09-10 12:18 PM
    Its reasons such as this as to why they should always include a holster with the device. It really irks me that they dont include on for the 9800 like they did on the 9700.
    10-09-10 12:25 PM
    I dorped my torch a little over a week ago for the frist time but it took the fall well. I did go out and by an otter box case for it the same day but the slider has not faultered once.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 12:35 PM
    ive dropped mine twice - im clumsy what can i say.

no problems. again - remember your device has a moving part. its not good for it
    10-09-10 03:21 PM
    I dropped mine one time while I was sitting down, so it wasn't a long drop. But it landed it on th top end where the mute buttons, etc. are, but so far nothing has changed. Works as normal. I have been pretty good with not dropping my Torch. *knocks on wood* But when I first got my Curve, I dropped it like three times within the first day. Two of them were really hard drops, but it took it like a champ.

10-09-10 03:31 PM
    Dude my torch it's like a dummy... I always drop it when I get out of the car, so far everything is fine , I'm looking forward to change my torch skin but so far nothings has come out...
    10-09-10 03:33 PM
    Yeah droped mines once but everythings good.

10-09-10 03:37 PM
    Ironically. 20 minutes later I drop it again. Still running strong.
    10-09-10 04:03 PM
    I dropped mine from about 3ft onto linoleum. Went from a perfect phone to having a slight "wobble" when in the slide closed position on the bottom left of the phone much like the Storm screen. Alls I did was the old electrical tape trick on the back of the screen when in the slid out position and this tightened everything right up as good as new.

10-09-10 04:34 PM
    Urgh... dropped mine for the very first time yesterday. I had it in my Bold 9000 Leather Folio pouch, nothing wrong with the actual device, but somehow it still ended up with a small chip out of the front bezel near the mute button. I was sooo ticked off! I found a solution to "fix" the missing paint-chip... for anyone who's chipped the paint and needs a "touch up", there's a color of nailpolish available from "Finger Paints" called "Meet Me at the Met". It matches the gunmetal gray color perfectly!
    10-09-10 05:58 PM
    While I was going to BestBuy to buy a hard case for my Torch, my 8330 holster where I had my 9800 in (fits very well in it) detached from my belt and felt top first onto the pavement Beside a small scratch on the top right of the phone (above the screen) that is now covered by the hard case I bought, it did no real damage.
    10-09-10 09:57 PM
    I dropped mine today from about 3 feet, but it was in my bold9000 holster case I've been using till I get a leather pouch for my torch. No damage was done but my heart stopped for a second. I just got this phone 6 days ago. Lucky.

10-09-10 10:58 PM
    I dropped mine today from about 3 feet, but it was in my bold9000 holster case
    LOL, same thing happened to me a couple of hours ago. Same pouch, except mine slipped out of the pouch whilst I was holding it upside down. Beware, the 9000 pouch is ok, but a bit on the loose side.
    Interesting thing is mine fell face down on tarmac. Tiny scratches on the bezel, but the screen is like new. Very nice glass.
    10-10-10 12:04 PM
    I'm glad to see that everyone in this thread is taking responsibility for the drop of their phone and simply "dealing with it". It's our fault we dropped them, for one reason or another. If it got dinged up, we find a way to accept it or fix it. There's another thread that someone started saying "dropped torch its scratched" and the guy has now called Rogers saying that his device is faulty just so he can get a replacement. Honestly, I find it totally disgusting. I hope they see the scratch when he returns it and end up either refusing his return, or charging him for it.

If I crash my car due to my own negligence I'm certainly not going to call the dealership moaning and groaning and blaming the vehicle...
    10-10-10 03:58 PM
    I'm glad to see that everyone in this thread is taking responsibility for the drop of their phone and simply "dealing with it". It's our fault we dropped them, for one reason or another. If it got dinged up, we find a way to accept it or fix it. There's another thread that someone started saying "dropped torch its scratched" and the guy has now called Rogers saying that his device is faulty just so he can get a replacement. Honestly, I find it totally disgusting. I hope they see the scratch when he returns it and end up either refusing his return, or charging him for it.

If I crash my car due to my own negligence I'm certainly not going to call the dealership moaning and groaning and blaming the vehicle...
    Have to agree...pretty slimy. I have now dropped my Torch twice. I just can not keep a case on it. I try but hate having one on. I've been lucky with just a tiny area of chipped paint on the bezel. It isn't even really noticable but I am OCD and know it's there. Wanted to ask you. You mentioned in this thread about using polish on yours. Is it still holding out and does it look the same as when you first applied it?
    10-18-10 09:00 PM
    There are plenty of OEM replacement part sites to replace the bezel if you are willing to try.
    10-18-10 09:12 PM
    There are plenty of OEM replacement part sites to replace the bezel if you are willing to try.
    hmmm....I have thought about it plenty believe me. I'm just too chicken! The bezel around the screen looks pretty easy too! But do I dare? Think I'd try the paint first then if I mess that up I wouldn't have a choice but to try.
    10-18-10 09:18 PM
    Unless said car is a Toyota.
    10-18-10 09:40 PM
    yep, dropped mine less than 24 hours after pulling her from the box . knocked out of my hand by one of the dogs. fell on concrete in the cold and chipped the corner. other than the chip all is good with it.
    10-18-10 09:48 PM
    Oh, and yes, it was in a holster. :P
    10-18-10 09:49 PM
    i dropped my torch yesterday, not happy. two dents/scratches. Screen was spared but fron top and bottom bezel took the grunt of it. Man I took care of her so much. She was going into my holster during a walk in the park and let her go thinking it was in my holster :0( Other than comsmetic, she is doing well.
    10-23-10 12:33 AM
    the cab driver jammed brake today and my phone flew off my hand, broke the windscreen and landed on the road. without any casing. while the battery door sustained scratches, the rest still works fine. no other damages. even the slider is still as sturdy as ever - more solid than my nokia n97.
    10-23-10 03:19 AM
    I found a solution to "fix" the missing paint-chip... for anyone who's chipped the paint and needs a "touch up", there's a color of nailpolish available from "Finger Paints" called "Meet Me at the Met". It matches the gunmetal gray color perfectly!
    Great tip, I've dropped mine several times with it inside the OEM leather pocket pouch(to bad it always falls top down and that part isn't protected by the case). I have a couple small "chips" in the screen bezel and the fingernail polish trick will help. THANKS!!!!
    Overall after several falls(all inside the pouch) my torch works just fine and there is no more play in the slider then there was when i got it.
    10-23-10 07:15 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD