Quick question> When I had my 9700 I had Mozilla Firefox as my browser I don't even know how I got it on the 9700. That being said when I switched to the 9800 I don't have Firefox I have been to the website on both a desk top and the device and cannot get it on my 9800. Does anyway know if it can be done and if it can does anyone have a link? Thank you
    01-25-11 08:33 AM
    Unless I've completely missed something, Firefox Mobile has never been available for any BlackBerry (it's currently only listed as supporting Android and 1 Nokia device).

What you would have been able to do it is change the Browser Identification of the main BB browser to "Firefox", as noted here: Quick Guide: Change Your BlackBerry Browser Identification Settings To View Full Websites | BlackBerryRocks.com

I believe RIM removed this feature with the OS 6.0 browser used in the Torch.
    01-25-11 08:45 AM
    it is removed from OS6.0
    01-25-11 09:03 AM
    Agree, I never found Firefox for any Blackberry, wish there was one. If you want another browser for your Torch, you could try Opera Mobile or Bolt.
    01-25-11 10:59 AM
    I think in the OS 5 versions of Browser emulation there was a listing for Firefox, but I don't believe it was a true "Firefox" browser. I know there had been talk of Firefox browser for BB some time ago, but nothing recent that I know of.
    01-25-11 11:10 AM
    it wasn't a real firefox, it was a way to get mobile site and real site from the BB (by changing the Agent that the browser send to the HTTP Server, thats the only thing that were changed, the browser itself is the same)

usually you just get redirect to the mobile site, but with OS5.0 you could choose. I wish that option was on OS6 because some mobile site just suck compare to the real site.
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 01-25-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: clearer
    01-25-11 11:29 AM
    ANyone know how to get into browser configuration with OS 6?
    01-26-11 01:35 PM
    you can't, it's removed from OS6, only available on OS5 and lower
    01-26-11 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD