The AGF GRT shell... the torch should come shipped with these cases.

NO wobble at all, open or closed and the phone just feels more sturdy overall while typing, etc.

FINALLY
    11-23-10 09:22 AM
    I agree. Got anoyed with the wiggle I actually paid about $40 to get one shipped to Canada. Best case available.. Sturdy with no wiggle
    11-23-10 09:29 AM
    My father lives in Florida, I actually got him to pick one up for me at AT&T and ship it up to Toronto.

The case is an AT&T exclusive and I know AT&T helped design the phone, I wonder if there is any connection there...
    11-23-10 09:32 AM
    It just seems that AT&T made sure there was a wobble so people would buy their case.. Haha worse money making scheme... Just jokes
    11-23-10 09:35 AM
    wow, finally a case I will buy for the Torch!
    11-23-10 09:43 AM
    Can you tell me the website you got to ship to Canada? I tried so hard to find this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 09:51 AM
    Try ebay. Here is one.. This was the buyer I got it from took awhile but well worth the wait. Just a heads up the slide is very stiff at first but after a week the case now slides as if it was without it.

AGF GRT Shell Cover for BlackBerry Torch 9800 on eBay.ca (item 400175090974 end time 28-Nov-10 15:39:07 EST)
    RezaBerry and yybenedb like this.
    11-23-10 09:56 AM
    Try ebay. Here is one.. This was the buyer I got it from took awhile but well worth the wait. Just a heads up the slide is very stiff at first but after a week the case now slides as if it was without it.

AGF GRT Shell Cover for BlackBerry Torch 9800 on eBay.ca (item 400175090974 end time 28-Nov-10 15:39:07 EST)

Also try the AT&T website or the AGF website:

AGF GRT Shell - Cell Phone Accessories - Wireless from AT&T

BlackBerry Torch GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    11-23-10 10:01 AM
    The ebay one works out slightly cheaper. When I ordered it AGF was back-ordered and referred to AT&T's website but AT&T doesn't ship up here. With the one of AGF website you get only Metallic Blue or Chrome with the ebay you get both colors so you can change as you like.
    11-23-10 10:09 AM
    If this case came in a clear I think I'd get one. I just don't want to hide my nice red torch.
    11-23-10 10:14 AM
    True, but since I have such a common black it doesn't matter for me, if I get a white or red torch in the future I wouldn't use this case
    11-23-10 10:46 AM
    Careful here. If this is the case with the slider, you may have iissues down the road. I obtaned one of these cases with a brand spanking new torch that I tested heavily in the store BEFROE leaving with it. I asked questions about this case centered around wear-n-tear on the slider. The slider on the new device was tight in all fashions. I installed the case and left the store. 4 days later I installed QL and had to do the permissions workaround that requires a battery pull. When I tool the case off, I noticed a large amount of "wiggle" that was not there before. I returned the device and case.
    11-23-10 11:04 AM
    Careful here. If this is the case with the slider, you may have iissues down the road. I obtaned one of these cases with a brand spanking new torch that I tested heavily in the store BEFROE leaving with it. I asked questions about this case centered around wear-n-tear on the slider. The slider on the new device was tight in all fashions. I installed the case and left the store. 4 days later I installed QL and had to do the permissions workaround that requires a battery pull. When I tool the case off, I noticed a large amount of "wiggle" that was not there before. I returned the device and case.
    I had this issue without any case. Tested heavily for wiggle before leaving the store- had no wiggle for the first 4 days...now I have wiggle. I put a case on to try and mitigate the wiggle!
    11-23-10 11:23 AM
    In my case the slider was hard to do at first and loosened up over the next few days. I did not think anything of it until i did the BP. Once it recoverd and before I put the case back on I was typing on the physical keyboard and tapped the trakpad. It felt like a se-saw. investigation from that point led my to return both. Some "wiggle" is normal. You can see that from every other slide phone in any corporate store (all corp att stores have live display phones).
    Last edited by shansmi; 11-23-10 at 12:45 PM.
    11-23-10 11:26 AM
    I have this case but don't use it. Its pretty bulky and it also really gets in the way of using the trackpad. I have tried a few cases and this one blocks the trackpad the most. Taking it on and off also seemed to put a lot of stress on the slider mechanism. I also had to take it off to charge, as the access is partially blocked by the case. The plug would be in the phone at an angle and was a very loose connection. I was concerned that this would damage the charging port long-term.

11-23-10 12:05 PM
    I have this case but I only use the back half. Didn't like how the top made the phone look.

11-23-10 12:42 PM
    I also had to take it off to charge, as the access is partially blocked by the case. The plug would be in the phone at an angle and was a very loose connection. I was concerned that this would damage the charging port long-term.
    Easy fix: Use a knife and remove about 1/8 of an inch of the rubber on the chargers plug or buy a different USB cable. The extra USB cable that I bought to use on my PC at work fits fine.

I have had the case for a while and love it. I've seen shansmi post before about the problem he has with the increased wobble so I take mine off every couple of weeks to check to see if mine increases. The wobble is still the same as it was when I first got it.
    11-23-10 12:43 PM
    I already have the wobble so I'm not too worried about it and it has been slowly increasing over time anyways.
    11-23-10 12:55 PM
    I have this case but don't use it. Its pretty bulky and it also really gets in the way of using the trackpad. I have tried a few cases and this one blocks the trackpad the most. Taking it on and off also seemed to put a lot of stress on the slider mechanism. I also had to take it off to charge, as the access is partially blocked by the case. The plug would be in the phone at an angle and was a very loose connection. I was concerned that this would damage the charging port long-term.

I've used the case for about a week now and using the sliding mechanism quite a bit in the process. Removed the case a few minutes to see if it actually made it look and actually it remained like it was out of the box
    11-23-10 01:01 PM
    Is there anywhere in England that you can buy one of these cases? they look quality?
    11-23-10 02:23 PM
    i am very happy with this case! i have had no issues with more wobble after removing it. i give it a thumbs up!
    11-23-10 02:29 PM
    Is there anywhere in England that you can buy one of these cases? they look quality?
    Hi mate, I am in the UK and ordered it from the online store, took a week to get here but is worth it!
    11-23-10 03:04 PM
    agreed - got the case today and its amazing...

blows that crap otterbox case out of the water - phone feels sturdy, and feel completely different - hard to explain other then its amazing.

i am also using it with a oem bold 9000 hoster/case and it fits like a glove.
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 11-23-10 at 03:21 PM.
    11-23-10 03:18 PM
    I dislodged the rail on mine by trying to take it off in a different way. Whatever you do, don't be an ***** like me and try to yank the faceplate off from the corner.
    11-23-10 08:08 PM
    I'm cheap. I had the dreaded "wiggle" and purchased a knock-off hard case at a local flea market for $10, had it for a month and it works great; no weebles wobble when case is on and don't notice any increase when I take it off to clean it.
    11-23-10 08:23 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD