Hi my name is Anthony, and I just recently got my first blackberry Torch. I've always been a fan of the blackberry of it being more on the technical side as a microcomputer rather than the other idiotproof phone such as the iphone. I've figured out most of the features and hot apps that people use but I still have one more question. For those of you who are seasonsed blackberry users. Would there be any guide of process you could tell someone to do once they've gotten their first blackberry? Like to register here and download these apps etc, and just how to get the most potential out of ones first blackberry? Thanks!
    01-16-11 01:02 PM
    hi you should find most of what you need here it just takes time and patience
    under bb help above if not shout and peeps will help
    01-16-11 01:14 PM
    Welcome

One of the first apps I got was berryweather and consdider it an essential app. Browse over to the apps and themes forums as there's lots of good stuff over there. Many are free so that's an added plus. I also just DL'd the free app "urbanspoon" off BB appworld. Great if you dine out a lot and works fine on the Torch. Many users are also using patternlock another good one.

Have fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 01:17 PM
    Check the apps I listed here, first 2 r paid ones but only 3.99 and are a must have, rest r good and free

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ul...-guide-576389/

01-16-11 01:32 PM
    First things first. Check out BB101 in the help forums for basics and some more advanced stuff as well. Enjoy.

homer1475 likes this.
    01-16-11 01:33 PM
    yeah check out bb101. and enjoy bro! BB is a fantastic way to go!
    homer1475 likes this.
    01-16-11 01:39 PM
    I love BerryBuzz (now BeBuzz)! It allows you to change the LED colors of your notifications, which is helpful when I'm at work or out somewhere and have my phone on silent. I don't have to even activate the screen to see if I have a text, BBM, phone call, etc. Plus the pretty colors are nice. Welcome to the club!

01-17-11 05:36 AM
    Apps shmaps, First thing is first. get to know your new phone. Once you are satisfied with your knowledge, study it some more. Then and only then should you start to install a few apps, then try an OS upgrade(if your not already on .337). With the initial studying, when some thing screws up, you'll know how to fix it instead of coming to the forums to post a noobish question. Not that there is anything wrong with noobish questions, but some people should just take a few moments to get to know their device first.

EDIT:
    To Hmutt, Bebuzz(berrybuzz), beweather(berryweather) has always been called berrybuzz, or berryweather, only difference is in BB's app world you cant call an app berry anything. If you hop over to bellshares website all their apps are called berrysomething. Just a little FYI for future reference.
    Last edited by homer1475; 01-17-11 at 07:17 AM.
    01-17-11 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD