09-29-10 09:23 PM
46 12
tools
    Oh I have a question. I know everyone is asking you questions. Just wondering did you get it because you knew a friend or are you an actual customer? Which store? Keys in my hand ready to go.
    09-29-10 02:26 PM
    For people living in the Montreal area, the stores are receiving their stock today.

Most stores are getting only about 15 phones but a visit to a store and 50$ deposit will get you a phone tomorrow.

Mail Champlain in Brossard has 12 phones still unreserved.
    09-29-10 02:42 PM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I have a friend who is an authorised dealer for Bell
    He had 5 shipped to him yesterday and I took one

just another few more hours for everybody ..

09-29-10 02:42 PM
    Does that phone come with any type of case?
    No case whatsoever
    I bought my holster though from crackberry ...

09-29-10 02:45 PM
    I would avoid using the device switch wizard or even using a full restore from a 9700 backup.

You should restore your data like contacts/calendar etc. and nothing else - download your apps again and take the time to go through all the settings and do it the way you want. It'll help you learn OS 6 and avoid problems with trying to move 5.0 stuff to 6.0.
    That's what I thought but wanted to confirm
    Thanks for advice

09-29-10 02:46 PM
    Interesting. I just got an email from Bell saying that they would be in the stores tomorrow, 30 September. BTW, saying that it must be a Bell phone because that's a Bell SIM in the photo is pretty lame.
    09-29-10 02:54 PM
    Interesting. I just got an email from Bell saying that they would be in the stores tomorrow, 30 September. BTW, saying that it must be a Bell phone because that's a Bell SIM in the photo is pretty lame.
    I don't know how else to prove it but then again I don't have to...I guess when everyone else getting a Bell Torch opens theirs up you'll see that that's what the package and contents look like..also AT&T torches are branded, the back of the phone with "Torch" too - mine aren't either of them...wait till tomorrow my friend
    Anyhow I know that I have unlocked this Bell torch from yesterday and am excited for all crackberry addicts to get there's too
    Enjoy

Last edited by adsam; 09-29-10 at 04:05 PM.
    09-29-10 03:53 PM
    I don't know how else to prove it but then again I don't have to...I guess when everyone else getting a Bell Torch opens theirs up you'll see that that's what the package and contents look like
    Anyhow I know that I have unlocked this Bell torch from yesterday and am excited for all crackberry addicts to get there's too
    Enjoy

Pretty simple... What's the user-agent of your browser?
    09-29-10 04:03 PM
    Pretty simple... What's the user-agent of your browser?
    User agent ? How do I identify it

09-29-10 04:06 PM
    User agent ? How do I identify it

Whats My User Agent?
    09-29-10 04:12 PM
    I'm not sure why we need to make him jump through hoops this late in the game to prove its not a fake?

No matter what it is (fake or not) we're all going to find out tomorrow anyways.
    09-29-10 04:19 PM
    Thanks Pumaman
    But heres the user agent - take from it what you will

09-29-10 04:29 PM
    No need to prove it, my cousin received his Bell Torch in the mail today as well...his dealer shipped it out yesterday afternoon. It seems that Bell was the first one to get stock into the stores.
    09-29-10 04:37 PM
    No need to prove it, my cousin received his Bell Torch in the mail today as well...his dealer shipped it out yesterday afternoon. It seems that Bell was the first one to get stock into the stores.
    Rogers has had them since monday. They were told if any of them are activated before the 30th, the rep will be fired.
    09-29-10 05:04 PM
    Rogers has had them since monday. They were told if any of them are activated before the 30th, the rep will be fired.
    ^ True. I had one in my hands on Monday but promised not to insert my sim.
    Btw i dont why the op had to prove anything to anyone.

Last edited by GG1; 09-29-10 at 05:58 PM.
    09-29-10 05:56 PM
    I phoned one Bell store in town, they had the phone but couldn't sell it until tomorrow

So I phoned another and they had them for sale today I went down and 10 min later have my new torch
    09-29-10 06:43 PM
    I caved myself, bought an At&t one and unlocked it for Bell. I am in Portland, Or at the moment and couldnt resist the $499US no tax temptation. not to mention I dropped my poor 9700 in water over the weekend.
    09-29-10 07:02 PM
    I phoned one Bell store in town, they had the phone but couldn't sell it until tomorrow

So I phoned another and they had them for sale today I went down and 10 min later have my new torch
    nice.....where is it made??
    09-29-10 07:03 PM
    Heh, apparently on OS 6, unlocking removes the Vendor ID from the UA... Well that was a waste of time.
    09-29-10 07:04 PM
    He has nothing to prove. I'm just jealous. I wasn't being mean-spirited by the way, I just pointed out that displaying it with a Bell SIM in the box as proof of its authenticity is a bit lame. I think I might wander down to Bell and have a look tomorrow!

09-29-10 07:19 PM
    He has nothing to prove. I'm just jealous. I wasn't being mean-spirited by the way, I just pointed out that displaying it with a Bell SIM in the box as proof of its authenticity is a bit lame. I think I might wander down to Bell and have a look tomorrow!

No offence taken
    We're all here for the same reason - Blackberries !

I decided to post to make you jealous
    Im seeing already though that there could have been one thing RIM could have done to make the slider mechanism better.....added a little lip or something across the front face so that with one hand you could slide the phone open, rather than have to put pressure on the screen or buttons - on closing if you dont have big hands you have to fumble to slide shut and you may feel as though the phone will drop out of ones hand

Still a great leap for RIM
    09-29-10 09:23 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD