I know there are a million of these types of threads and when I did a search, it confirmed my thought process but I am considering switching from an iPhone 4 to a torch on at&t. It seems as the the torch has the best signal strength of any at&t phone(saw some videos confirming that) but I am concerned after reading some negative reviews. I have also read some negs on here as well so I figured i'd ask my questions here to see what you guys have to say about it. I know there will be truthful responses here as well..

1.) What are the main issues you are having with your torch?
    2.) Did you switch from an iPhone? if so, why?
    3.) What phone did you have before this purchase?
    4.) How do you like the quality of apps?
    5.) Is the device sluggish?(after the update recently pushed out by at&t)
    6.) Any thoughts/opinions of device?

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.
    10-12-10 10:08 PM
    1) None.
    2) Wife has i3Gs. Tested i4 prior to buying Torch.
    3) BB 9700
    4) Great though not as numerous as Apple. With Cellmania acquisition and RIM OS becoming more app developer friendly, more are coming. I use apps to extend functionality not substitute for lack of native functionality.
    5) Absolutely none before and seems snappier after update.
    6) Pros are secure communications, improved multi-tasking, better organized menus, more device customization options, new OS and webkit browser. The combination of touchscreen, trackpad and physical/virtual keyboards make the device more enjoyable to use. The incorporation of social media in one location is great. 4 GB onboard storage and I added a 32 GB one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 06:13 AM
    I know there are a million of these types of threads and when I did a search, it confirmed my thought process but I am considering switching from an iPhone 4 to a torch on at&t. It seems as the the torch has the best signal strength of any at&t phone(saw some videos confirming that) but I am concerned after reading some negative reviews. I have also read some negs on here as well so I figured i'd ask my questions here to see what you guys have to say about it. I know there will be truthful responses here as well..

1.) What are the main issues you are having with your torch?
    2.) Did you switch from an iPhone? if so, why?
    3.) What phone did you have before this purchase?
    4.) How do you like the quality of apps?
    5.) Is the device sluggish?(after the update recently pushed out by at&t)
    6.) Any thoughts/opinions of device?

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.
    1.) main issue.. the damn redundant tabs on the home screen, Fixed with a theme(no big deal)
    2.)no came from curve 8310 but had the version 1 iphone and switched from that to a berry and have never looked back, dont care if the ip4 is way better or not. Simply hate using itunes, biggest pos there is.
    3.) answered in previous question
    4.) as stated by other poster. Apps aren't as numerous as on the iphone but more are on their way and i don't use apps to substitute native functions that don't work or are missing but rather to extend the functionality of the device.
    5.)Was a little sluggish on .141. phone is simply amazing after the upgrade to .246. a friend has one of those droids that has the 1mhz processor and side by side, my torch is so close its like they were running the same processor. Only difference is my battery last 5 times longer ... hehe
    6.)Simply love my torch, wouldn't trade it for any other device out right now. You wont be disappointing in your purchase of a torch.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-13-10 at 06:32 AM.
    10-13-10 06:30 AM
    There's no major issues I'm having. I got my torch after having a BB 9700. I got a BB 8310 a few yrs ago for the keyboard to txt. I couldn't use the board on the iphone. What I like about the BBs over iphone is you have freedom to setup the BB. You can make folders and download and use all types of files ect. I use my BB like a mini laptop or interfaceable hardddrive. You can't do anything to the iphone with itunes or after market software. Its just a pain in the **** how apple manges pictures,apps, and audio. The limiting of software that can be used and how many computers you can synch with is just crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD