I've had my torch for about a week now. I took it out of the box and upgraded to OS .377 right away. A few times a day, the screen doesn't accept my touch, though. I'm not sure if this is a "feature"/bug or a defective piece of hardware.

I will go to make a call and someone will have two numbers...so it shows me both. I select the one I want and it gets highlighted, but doesn't do anything. I can press it a zillion times...nada. I have to use the touchpad to get it to do anything. This happens all over the phone though - not just when using the phone. It happens in email, web, phone, etc.

I'm a software developer - so I get bugs. While nobody loves them, I will deal. But this is annoying and I"m wondering if it's a hardware issue.

any help/advice is appreciated.
    11-17-10 12:50 PM
    Have you tried to play with the touchscreen settings?
    Possibly downgrade the OS and see if it still does it. Sounds to me like a defective device. If you have tried both and they still do it, return it for a new one. My touchscreen works perfectly in every manner. never have to double/triple click anything.
    11-17-10 12:54 PM
    Mine did that on .284 and when I went to .337 it cleared up. You can adjust your sensitivity, but honestly I would try reinstalling, wiping with BBSAK or something first.
    11-17-10 12:55 PM
    I have noticed mine doing this on .337 but it definitely didn't do it on .246

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 01:21 PM
    I have noticed mine doing this on .337 but it definitely didn't do it on .246

I've been noticing this as well. It doesn't happen very often at all, but it never happened on previous builds as far as I can remember.
    11-17-10 01:28 PM
    I am still running the stock .246 from AT&T and I see this issue sometimes. I am waiting for the Willyboy hybrid for Torch before I bother messing with my OS..

Anyway, I'll tweak my touch screen sensitivity settings and see if that helps, but it only happens sometimes, so I doubt that has much to do with it. I think it has more to do with the CPU being loaded down with stuff going on in the background..
    Last edited by Mojoski; 11-17-10 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo..
    11-17-10 03:10 PM
    I am waiting for the Willyboy hybrid for Torch before I bother messing with my OS..
    What's a "Willyboy hybrid"?
    11-17-10 06:33 PM
    ^That would be an OS made up of different modules from various OS'es. It could contain cods from other 9800 builds or even from other devices. Willyboy is the handle for the user that makes and tests some of the better hybrids.

11-17-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD