My phone has lost its marbles.

I realized today that I had not deleted anything from my "messages" folder since May of this year (oops). I have my Torch linked with my Gmail so I get emails on my phone as well as Facebook notifications. I went through to delete them using the delete prior" feature and it is like the emails deleted successfully but the Facebook notifications would not delete. I did a couple of restarts and got rid of them finally but now I realized there are Facebook notifications appearing on my Torch from 2006. Every time I delete some and restart, it pulls from longer ago. I changed my mailbox setting to keep only messages for 180 days (it was set on forever) but that did not help. Maybe Facebook doesn't qualify as a message? I could see this happening.

Anyone have any experience with this? It is freaking me out. If I have to delete Facebook notifications for the last 7 years, one round at a time I am not going to enjoy it.

Thanks!
    12-17-10 09:02 AM
    You should only get notifications since send service books and app configurations. Are you running FB 1.9.20? What OS? Are these emails or actual app notifications? If they are app notifications, they will show up inside the FB app under notifications and should be deleted or flagged as read there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 09:36 AM
    I noticed the same thing a few days ago. I can delete email and text messages, but I can't delete the FB notifications. All of a sudden notifications popped up from back in October. I guess it's not a big deal, but I now have pages and pages of FB junk that I would really like to get rid of. I am running FB 1.9.20 and now that I think about it, it seems like all the notifications started showing up after I upgraded.
    12-17-10 04:29 PM
    must be a glitch on the FB side... I've seen a few posts about this already. Scary to know that somewhere on a server, these old notifications are just sitting there... lol
    12-17-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD