Application Icons that I designate as Favorites disappear from the favorites screen after a while, yet appear on the option menu with a "remove from favorites" option as it it was still in the favorite category. This happens repeatedly with the BBM application (actually the only one I've used from there).

The only way to get it to re-appear is to remove it using options, and then re-add it to favorites. After resetting it as a favorite, it disappears again shortly thereafter.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    08-30-10 08:31 PM
    Oddly, I don't find that they disappear, but rather re-appear! Application or web-site icons that I unmark as favorite will re-appear as a favorite following a re-boot (ie battery pull, app-drive restart or by pressing alt + right shift + delete).

Frankly this is just another in a series of annoying bugs or "features" of the the homescreen menu system! I don't want 5 friggin different home screens - All, Favorites, Media, Downloads, Frequent (let me have one, without a label so i can cram more icons on it, and use folders instead); I hate how the screens pop up and down (let me keep them locked expanded or closed) and moving between them when expanded is so slooooooow; let me create sub-folders if I want; BB menu clear downloads or clear frequent does not seem to do anything. argh!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me rant. hopefully an OS update or theme (if and when they are available) helps you out with your probs, as well as mine
    Last edited by somainer; 09-24-10 at 02:16 PM.
    09-24-10 02:09 PM
    Only time I have the Favourites screen get "reset" is when I've done an OS update.

This morning, the update left everything in my favourites, except my three email folders...I find that strange and...irksome

Kev
    09-24-10 02:34 PM
    Oddly, I don't find that they disappear, but rather re-appear! Application or web-site icons that I unmark as favorite will re-appear as a favorite following a re-boot (ie battery pull, app-drive restart or by pressing alt + right shift + delete).

Frankly this is just another in a series of annoying bugs or "features" of the the homescreen menu system! I don't want 5 friggin different home screens - All, Favorites, Media, Downloads, Frequent (let me have one, without a label so i can cram more icons on it, and use folders instead); I hate how the screens pop up and down (let me keep them locked expanded or closed) and moving between them when expanded is so slooooooow; let me create sub-folders if I want; BB menu clear downloads or clear frequent does not seem to do anything. argh!!!!!!!

thanks for letting me rant. hopefully an OS update or theme (if and when they are available) helps you out with your probs, as well as mine
    I am with you on that one!
    09-24-10 02:51 PM
    Yahoo Messenger is the only one I'm having problems with. I've found that when it disappears, if I reboot the phone it comes back. not a big deal, just annoying.
    09-24-10 08:47 PM
    I lose the instant message icon. E-mail remains, but instant message disappears.
    09-24-10 09:02 PM
    I lose many different favourites I can readd them and then 1 hour or a day later they are gone again.
    10-06-10 09:02 AM
    Are you guys who are having this problem still on the stock AT&T OS .141?

I believe updating to the latest AT&T Official .246 OS will fix it.
    10-06-10 09:12 AM
    even after upgrading to 246 some of my favorites still disapeared. simple solution.... There's a couple free themes in the theme section that does away with the "tabs" on the homescreen. I personally <3 the htc one. Just keep in mind that the theme builder is still in a beta so the themes are a little buggy too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-06-10 at 09:44 AM.
    10-06-10 09:39 AM
    I am having the same issue.
    10-06-10 09:52 AM
    I uploaded a new theme and now mine are gone. When I select them it says they are favorites and wont let me take it off. I tried going back to the default theme and they are still gone. : /
    10-06-10 10:09 AM
    The new themes are buggy because of the beta theme builder. It's best to do a backup before installing one so that you can selectively restore just the "theme" portion if you want to go back.
    10-06-10 11:03 AM
    I have this same problem. My "Text Messages" icon disappears from Favorites, after I open another app. This started, when I upgraded to .161. I am using .225 now and the problem still exists. Oddly, Text Messages does not show up in Frequent tab either, despite that fact that I use it very frequently.
    10-06-10 01:19 PM
    I was hoping the upgrade to .246 would solve the issue as well, but it didn't. My "text messages" icon disappears from Favorites too and doesn't come back after a reboot or battery pull. Like Fisheyes above, it also doesn't show up in my Frequent tab even though that's the thing I use the most. I can only find it under the All tab. Ah well. :/

I also agree that I'd like to just be able to choose ONE (Favorites) and lock it in place with the apps of my choosing. That would be sweet.
    10-07-10 11:52 PM
    I was stuck on using the favorites tab too - then I just decided to put my "favorites" at the top of the All tab - basically everything I used in descending order. That way I didn't have to mess with tabs.

With themes though - the tabs are pretty much gone. No good themes are making use of them.
    10-08-10 07:34 AM
    I am running .246 as that is what came on my Telus phone and have several that I have added and they keep disappearing, it's a real pain and don't use it any more and just flip through the menus which is annoying as well.
    10-08-10 08:29 AM
    I was stuck on using the favorites tab too - then I just decided to put my "favorites" at the top of the All tab - basically everything I used in descending order. That way I didn't have to mess with tabs.

With themes though - the tabs are pretty much gone. No good themes are making use of them.
    Problem with flaky favorites persists even after upgrading OS to .246. Am thinking the only workaround is to skip it all together - too bad as I was using favorites to store regulalryaccessed web pages. Like others I am using "All" for my frequently used apps. I can easily live without tabs and create instead a "Web links" folder - but are folders supported in the new themes that are trickling out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD