I don't understand the fascination with themes of other phones. I was browsing the themes yesterday, and the iphone theme and the HTC theme is regarded the most popular ones. I personally do not like the copycat behavior, I like originality and uniqueness. I don't want my phone look like an iphone or an android. I want something unique and typical to the OS6, something different, so I will never understand those who switch over to an iphone or android theme.
    11-08-10 09:37 AM
    I don't understand the fascination with themes of other phones. I was browsing the themes yesterday, and the iphone theme and the HTC theme is regarded the most popular ones. I personally do not like the copycat behavior, I like originality and uniqueness. I don't want my phone look like an iphone or an android. I want something unique and typical to the OS6, something different, so I will never understand those who switch over to an iphone or android theme.
    Then don't buy them. I like having the Droid theme on my Torch because of the look and funtionality of it. It's a very slick theme.
    11-08-10 09:40 AM
    its all in the looks. i have a friend who runs a hero theme on his storm because he liked having the big flip clock so he doesn't have to squint to see what time it is.
    11-08-10 09:47 AM
    "I like originality and uniqueness. I don't want my phone look like an iphone or an android. "

I'm there with ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:54 AM
    I here you. Other than the DB9 wallpaper I'm using, my Torch is stock and I like it that way. I don't want it to impersonate a different phone.
    11-08-10 10:16 AM
    I personally hate the tabs of the stock theme. So first theme I found that I actually liked was the HTC theme. I did not want to emulate an HTC in any way but liked the look of the theme and its functionality. Since then I have found others that work better, but I think most people use these type of themes just cause simply put, they work, not because they want to emulate another device.

just my .02$ and experience.
    11-08-10 10:26 AM
    Yeah I don't get it either! One of my favorite themes for BB was Precision. It wasn't a copycat theme, it was original and practical. I wish people would make more of those. I don't want my phone to look like an iPhone or Droid, I want it to look like a Blackberry!

I like my stock theme much better than any other device.
    11-08-10 12:25 PM
    Themes are just another way of adding your own personal flavor to the phone. To me there's nothing wrong with liking how a "competitors" phone looks, and wanting that look on yours. It's like "role playing"..but with electronics
    11-08-10 12:25 PM
    as rickroller said themes are just personal flavors the "HTC Theme" is really just a theme. When HTC's were running windows mobile they you were able to apply a theme that changed the way the phone looked but it was just a theme it wasn't an OS. End of the day they r all peoples personal opinions we r given options so we can pick and choose wut to use...personally i like the way the torch os works tho i have changed my icons through themebuilder myself just for my own personal touch.
    11-08-10 12:37 PM
    I understand what you mean, but don't agree...my choice really.
    I will put on a theme that appeals to me visually and operationally. Normally (IMO), the stock BB themes are boring.....they don't "speak" to me, they don't reflect my personality. I love the 3G themes, had them on my 9000 and 9700, but unfortunately there isn't one for the Torch....till then, I will be using the HTC Incredible theme (gives me lots of info/options /interactivity without having to dig too deep), and, more importantly, coz I just like it.
    It is in now way because I WANT an HTC.....been there, done that.....3 times....
    Although I love my 9800, I do have to admit, that if there was another phone manufacturer that provided a BIS equivalent, then I would absolutely try it out.
    Just my $0.02.
    Dominic
    11-08-10 12:46 PM
    I like big clocks and I can not lie... That's why I like HTC themes.

Its just a theme....

There not for everyone...

#shrug

11-08-10 12:58 PM
    I had WM for a long time, so I am sick to death of the generic HTC clock theme...
    11-08-10 12:58 PM
    I don't understand the fascination with themes of other phones.
    I'm with you on that. In my opinion OS6 looks just as good and is just as functional as iOS and Android. I wonder how many iPhone users are running a BlackBerry theme?
    11-08-10 07:03 PM
    I don't download themes or wallpapers. I think that there are a lot of cool themes and wallpapers, but I don't get into those things anymore.

11-08-10 07:48 PM
    They are just themes to me. Different things to play with. Always d/ling and trying new stuff. Personally, don't see anything wrong with it one way OR the other. Personal preference is all it is
    11-08-10 07:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD