Just got the 9800 last night.... So far I'm in love!!

The att rep went thru the setup stuff for me tho and I didn't even have a change ti go thru the setup process.....

So my question is, how do you perform factory restore??

Also on the browzer, I want to be able to go thru the options or settings to take off that mobile internet thing...

I hate going to websites like autotrader and spurstalk.com with the mobile style.... I want the webpages to show up like safari!!

Heck, even with 9700 OS you had the ability to change the internet browzer type ti firefox
    08-14-10 06:29 PM
    Options>Security Wipe

Edit: I'm not sure what you're looking for. The device is in it's factory state aside from anything you yourself added.
    08-14-10 06:31 PM
    Heck, even with 9700 OS you had the ability to change the internet browzer type ti firefox

Not possible on this phone. It stinks. You have to go to the mobile site and look for a button to take you to the full site (if there is a button and the site)
    08-14-10 08:49 PM
    Options>Security Wipe

Edit: I'm not sure what you're looking for. The device is in it's factory state aside from anything you yourself added.
    Security Wipe ONLY removes your personal data. That does NOT mean that you have restored your device to factory. The only way to do that would be to TOTALLY brick the Torch with BBSAK and then load the 6.0 OS from AT&T ****WITHOUT**** deleting the Vendor.xml file
    08-14-10 09:12 PM
    Just got the 9800 last night.... So far I'm in love!!

The att rep went thru the setup stuff for me tho and I didn't even have a change ti go thru the setup process.....

So my question is, how do you perform factory restore??

Also on the browzer, I want to be able to go thru the options or settings to take off that mobile internet thing...

I hate going to websites like autotrader and spurstalk.com with the mobile style.... I want the webpages to show up like safari!!

have you gotten an answer to this? I am in the same situation.
    10-12-10 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD