I have Desktop 5.0 installed and it's very easy to move excel files back and forth with Media Manager. However, I must update to Desktop 6.0 to update the software for my new Torch given I get "0kB" of available memory error using Desktop 5.0. (I learned this on an other thread tonight.) I'm unfamiliar with Desktop 6.0 and how I can move Excel files back and forth between computer and device. It just doesn't look as intuitive for me. As well, I don't see Media Manager in Desktop 6.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    10-25-10 11:27 PM
    You can treat your Torch as a USB drive & just copy/cut & paste files from BB to computer or vice versa. Also, you need to download DM 6 ASAP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 12:10 AM
    I do not use DM to move files between computer and BB. I have always used windows explorer. BB shows up as a drive letter - actually the Torch shows up as 2 drives (device and added micro card). Then I transfer pics, music, word, excel etc files. Never had a problem and I find it easier to manage this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 12:13 AM
    Thank-you very much.
    10-26-10 12:38 AM
    Unfortunately DM6 is missing some of the file transferring functionality that DM5 has, as is the case for moving encrypted files as well.
    It's easiest, and usually quickest, to do as suggested and move your files around via Explorer. (unless they are encrypted in which case you can not)
    10-26-10 09:23 AM
    I double click on removable drives E & F and get the message - Please insert a disk into drive E. What am I missing now?
    10-26-10 04:33 PM
    Options/Storage.Make sure Compression option is unchecked. See if that helps.
    10-26-10 04:38 PM
    it could be that the computer you are using needs to be rebooted or did not load the drivers properly. you can also try unplugging it from the computer and when the pop up screen on the torch prompts you, choose usb
    10-26-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD