Based on what you've said, it's clear they've been opened. I don't know how successful you will be at convincing Amazon about it though.
    09-16-10 03:30 PM
    This is just an Apple, Android, Microsoft Troll- Nothing to see here...
    09-16-10 04:29 PM
    i took mine back but not because of any of the above mentioned problems, just kept losing bis connection, and no probs on second device
    09-16-10 04:54 PM
    Sorry dude if you are for real, but honestly I feel like the mods should close this thread. You started an account to ask the crackberry community if all torchs are faulty? That seems sketchy as **** if you ask me. Not that you did haha
    09-16-10 05:08 PM
    Add one more solid device received on release day. I love this phone.
    09-16-10 05:13 PM
    beside some leak leakage around the call and menu button, mine is perfect and is Mexico 5
    09-16-10 05:46 PM
    I call BS. This is the first complaint I heard about the slider being too tight. Pics of all 10 phones next to today's paper or it didn't happen.
    09-16-10 06:03 PM
    I call BS. This is the first complaint I heard about the slider being too tight. Pics of all 10 phones next to today's paper or it didn't happen.
    There ya go! That shouldn't be a problem But $10 says we never see that picture
    09-16-10 06:26 PM
    No problems with mine. Got it the day after the release. There's a slight wiggle in the screen but I expect that on any slider. Mine was built at mexico 5.
    09-16-10 06:32 PM
    Yeah, the Torch sucks. Its a horrible phone. Return the phone and buy an iphone...lol...j/k

I came from the 3gs and the Torch is an absolutely great phone, not matter what the iphone-crazed media likes to say.

Yes, there a few minor bugs here and there, but with future OS updates everything should (and will) be fine.

It's so sad that the media wasn't as bashful towards the iphone...when it recently added the mms feature lol

Have the phone since day 1 and no complaints so far. Enjoy the phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-10 06:38 PM
    There ya go! That shouldn't be a problem But $10 says we never see that picture
    For all those accusing me of trolling etc, see attached pic.

Btw, would u like my paypal address for that $10?
    09-17-10 12:38 AM
    Sorry dude if you are for real, but honestly I feel like the mods should close this thread. You started an account to ask the crackberry community if all torchs are faulty? That seems sketchy as **** if you ask me. Not that you did haha
    I appreciate your opinion, but I disagree for the following reasons.

1) I opened my account to ask a question about service books, not to complain about phones: http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/br...l-data-518681/

2) I love the Torch and think it is an amazing phone. But when I receive 10 units that each have a slight fault, I believe this is something worth mentioning to the crackberry community. I'd love to know why this happened to me/how others can avoid it.
    09-17-10 12:43 AM
    I hope this isn't true because I was definitely looking at getting one. I am really picky about my devices, so these types of hardware defects would drive me nuts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 01:45 AM
    For all those accusing me of trolling etc, see attached pic.

Btw, would u like my paypal address for that $10?
    Looks legit. What's the address?
    09-17-10 06:47 AM
    I appreciate your opinion, but I disagree for the following reasons.

1) I opened my account to ask a question about service books, not to complain about phones: http://forums.crackberry.com/f217/br...l-data-518681/

2) I love the Torch and think it is an amazing phone. But when I receive 10 units that each have a slight fault, I believe this is something worth mentioning to the crackberry community. I'd love to know why this happened to me/how others can avoid it.

Here is the real question: if the average Joe opened the box, and started using the phone rather than inspecting it for perfection, would he/she be dissatisfied? I've rarely found a mass produced electronic item that met the perfection standard.
    09-17-10 07:17 AM
    Hi,

I bought 10 Torches from Amazon. I was planning to take 1 for myself and sell the other 9.

Turns out, I can't find a SINGLE Torch that has no problem with it. Let me describe shortly each phones problem (each number is a different phone):

1) Slider is very tight. Needs a lot of effort to open and close.
    2) Same as above
    3) Same as above, with the addition of bad vibrating noise when slider open
    4) Slides easy, but top is loose when open, so makes a huge noise when vibrating
    5) As above
    6) As above, but top is so loose, that the 4 hardware buttons 'double press' (sort of like the feeling of a storm)
    7) When slide is closed, the whole screen is loose, so the whole touch screen has the 'storm' touch feeling to it
    8) Slider sounds like there is sand in between it.
    9) Slider 'clicks' half way when closing it, as if there is a piece getting in the way
    10) Touchpad is sticky, especially when slide is open

It seems very weird to me that in a batch of 10 phones, I couldn't find a single one that has some decent build quality. Seems like 90% of the problems are with the slide...

Short of returning them ALL to amazon, do you guys have any ideas on what to do? Is anyone else having this many problems?
    And even if I do return them to amazon, will I even get 10 good phones back?
    I'll actually try and answer this but someone correct me if i'm wrong on these.

1 - 5 the slider will loosen up with use and the vibration, i'm assuming is when you talk into it, is a software issue and has been fixed by leaked OS load that or wait for an official version no more vibrating.

6. got me never had a problem with the front buttons but some have said theirs had popped off

7.some of the first builds had a wobble to the touchscreen. this depends on how bad it is mine does a little but does bother the touchscreen experience.

8-10. Go give the amazon dealer a bad review cause i think you got hosed on the last three.
    09-17-10 07:56 AM
    There are only 9 phones on the picture...lol.
    I'd not worry about the slide mechanism, it might be tight now, means it could only become better with every use.
    09-17-10 08:07 AM
    I'm cracking up about the headline in the newspaper

"Nurse slain cause she refused to insert"
    09-17-10 08:22 AM
    There are only 9 phones on the picture...lol.
    I'd not worry about the slide mechanism, it might be tight now, means it could only become better with every use.
    Soz, forgot to mention that - the one with the sticky trackpad was the 1st one I got, so I sent that back to amazon already for replacement. It was replaced with number 4.

Forgot also to mention that all 3 phones that are harder to slide, when they are in the closed position, although not loose, the top part is not flush with the lower part (where AT&T logo is).
    It is not loose, but does push the slider down every time I press one of the hardware buttons. (See pics attached)
    09-17-10 09:14 AM
    I'll actually try and answer this but someone correct me if i'm wrong on these.

1 - 5 the slider will loosen up with use and the vibration, i'm assuming is when you talk into it, is a software issue and has been fixed by leaked OS load that or wait for an official version no more vibrating.

6. got me never had a problem with the front buttons but some have said theirs had popped off

7.some of the first builds had a wobble to the touchscreen. this depends on how bad it is mine does a little but does bother the touchscreen experience.

8-10. Go give the amazon dealer a bad review cause i think you got hosed on the last three.
    I've realized from discussions that hard sliders are good as they will loosen in time. That makes sense. That applies to 1-3. But unfortunately, it still in not flush with the phone when in closed position (see my 2 pics above).

4-6 : all the same issue basically, because the top is loose, it makes a noise when vibrating alert is on. If I hold the top of the phone while vibrating, it stops, as soon as I let it go, it makes a noise - ie it is loose

7: Funnily enough, the wobble touchscreen is the Canada 1 build, the rest are Mexico 4

10: Already returned, 8,9 will need to be returned for sure
    09-17-10 09:20 AM
    Glad to see the pics. If you had issues, the thread title was not the best choice as there have been numerous trolling threads and will raise a red flag. My apologies but surely you can understand this point as well as the prevalence of trolls that still post in this device forum. Return the devices that don't meet your standards as the potential customers probably won't want them now.
    09-17-10 10:29 AM
    Forgot also to mention that all 3 phones that are harder to slide, when they are in the closed position, although not loose, the top part is not flush with the lower part (where AT&T logo is).
    It is not loose, but does push the slider down every time I press one of the hardware buttons. (See pics attached)
    I don't believe the slider is supposed to be perfectly flat or flush with the main bezel since the microphone is on the keypad section (hole directly below the left shift key). There has to be at least a little bit of space there in order not to mute the mic when talking on the phone in the closed position.
    09-17-10 11:34 AM
    I agree that they should not be flush when closed also to allow the slide to function properly.
    09-17-10 11:47 AM
    I've realized from discussions that hard sliders are good as they will loosen in time. That makes sense. That applies to 1-3. But unfortunately, it still in not flush with the phone when in closed position (see my 2 pics above).

4-6 : all the same issue basically, because the top is loose, it makes a noise when vibrating alert is on. If I hold the top of the phone while vibrating, it stops, as soon as I let it go, it makes a noise - ie it is loose

7: Funnily enough, the wobble touchscreen is the Canada 1 build, the rest are Mexico 4

10: Already returned, 8,9 will need to be returned for sure

Like other have said it is not really suppose to sit flush because of the slider.

4-6: You lost me you think there is something wrong because of a vibrating noise? or is it like a click noise as if a screw was loose in the internals of the phone?
    09-17-10 12:17 PM
    4-6: You lost me you think there is something wrong because of a vibrating noise? or is it like a click noise as if a screw was loose in the internals of the phone?
    I think he means there's more vibration in the unit when it's open. Mine is like that also when in the open position although it feels very solid when it's open.
    09-17-10 12:57 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD