Well, first day with my Torch and tried to install .337 and things didn't go well. Am stuck at Error 507. Have read the 101 series on nuked BB, how to upgrade/install software, the works. What happens is this...DM does not list .337 as an option but rather .246. When I try to install that OS Desktop Manager will only get so far in the download process and then tell me that it cannot continue because there's a problem with my Internet connection...which there isn't. Anyway, stuck at this error and can't go any farther. Any suggestions?
    11-21-10 01:13 AM
    When loading a leaked os or an os not from your original carrier you cannot use DM. You will need to go into a specific folder listed below:

My Computer > C:/ > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader

The program files may be listed as Program Files (x86) if you are running a 64-bit Windows.

Delete vendor.xml and then install os from apploader.exe. Make sure only the os you are trying to load on to your BB is installed on your pc or you may run into further complications.

After its done updating or loading the OS you can restore a back-up file if you have one from earlier.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 11-21-10 at 01:32 AM.
    writerman and david melbourne like this.
    11-21-10 01:29 AM
    When loading a leaked os or an os not from your original carrier you cannot use DM. You will need to go into a specific folder listed below:

My Computer > C:/ > Program Files > Common Files > Research in Motion > AppLoader

The program files may be listed as Program Files (x86) if you are running a 64-bit Windows.

Delete vendor.xml and then install os from apploader.exe. Make sure only the os you are trying to load on to your BB is installed on your pc or you may run into further complications.

After its done updating or loading the OS you can restore a back-up file if you have one from earlier.
    Thanks! Deleting the vendor.xml file seems to have done the trick. The OS loaded and I'm waiting for it to boot up now.
    11-21-10 01:45 AM
    No problem..
    11-21-10 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD