Hi all, hopefully this is a quick one - I'm conencted vis BIS to my outlook account - when in the office I use my PC/Laptop to access Outlookk in the normal way, read emails etc. Now the phone also gets updated, but it shows these emails as unread.

Normally I just punch them open as it's quite quick - however yester our webmail had a problem so basically I got all of yesterdays emails sent to the phone this am - all in unread status.

How can I stop the phone from incorrectly showing emails that infact have been read, albeit via the normal Outlook client?

ta
    12-15-10 05:55 AM
    Hi all, anyone with the answer to this please?

Just had another 40 emails come through as unread whereas in fact they had been read in Outlook proper on my PC.

ta
    12-15-10 03:34 PM
    The only seamless way to do this is by having a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

There is a free light version of their server software called BESX.

Otherwise you can sync your BB to your PC to reconcile your Messages, via Desktop Manager.
    In your Message Options, there is an Email Reconciliation submenu. You would need to ensure that it is set to Mailbox Wins.
    12-15-10 03:39 PM
    The PC (Outlook) will not have the same states as your BB unless you are using IMAP for Outlook. In general that is a POP3 connection. If you login to your server, they will have the same state.

What type of email account are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD