Hi everyone!

So I am having a little annoyance. When I read my emails on my blackberry torch, they still appear as unread in my emails when I check them on my computer. I have done the whole reconcile now thing that was suggested in other past threads and all the options appear to be fine. What else could it be? Should I just delete them all and then set them up again?

Thanks!
    02-02-11 10:01 PM
    I'll be interested to hear the replies as well. My inbox for all 4 accounts stay full until I go in and either delete or mark every message as read.
    02-02-11 11:08 PM
    If your accounts are POP accounts, this is just the way it is. If IMAP, then it's a little better.

That's one thing Android does better; the reconciliation between phone and PC.

Small annoyance to pay for the superior Blackberry experience, IMO. I actually prefer that stuff that I delete on my phone stays on the server, so it's always available to archive on the home computers.
    02-02-11 11:35 PM
    What type of accounts are these? When I read my Yahoo email on my BB then login via a PC (browser) they show as read. I use outlook to download and archive them over POP3 later. As for BES, it works fine. BTW this is not specific to the Torch
    02-02-11 11:41 PM
    I am not sure what the POP email means but they are three accounts: gmail, hotmail and university email. My friends also using BBs don't have these problems when they access the same email servers. I have tried deleting the emails from my phone and setting them up again but it doesn't seem to work!
    02-04-11 05:44 PM
    Gmail is a push service with sync so they should be changing states. I am not sure but hotmail at one time was only POP3 so they would not change states unless that has changed. The university email I have no idea...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 06:15 PM
    Hotmail does not sync both ways, nor does it sync read status... There's no way that works on your friends phones unless they have paid Hotmail accounts instead of free ones...
    02-04-11 07:40 PM
    I have the same problem with gmail, I didn't have this issue with my old bb. Lucky I delete most of my email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD