Hi all,

I'm experiencing a few problems with my new Torch (aside from the screen coming loose after only 1 week).

I used to have a Bold 9700 on o2, I�ve now moved to a Torch 9800 on Orange. The email works fine until I restore my messages from a 'messages only' backup of my Bold 9700 at which point the Torch just won't receive email even if I resend the service books.
    The only way to get it receiving again is to do a factory reset and not to restore the messages. After 3 resets and countless service book resends i'm out of ideas.

I've changed BlackBerrys before and restored messages in a similar fashion (on the same network) and its been fine, could it be because I'm now on a new network?

I've also tried the Switch Device Wizzard which causes the same problem.

Has anyone experienced this and overcome it all?

Thanks
    10-29-10 04:45 PM
    Are you using a new sim card or the same one as before?
    10-29-10 04:52 PM
    Yep new sim on orange, previously I've only upgraded the phone and stayed with the same sim but the problems started with my new sim.

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 12:32 AM
    Did you put the old SIM in the phone first before you activated the new SIM or did you just use the new SIM right away? What tends to happen is if you use the new SIM right away & you go into your e-mail settings, you will automatically be given a new BIS account & your old one with your e-mail accounts will be deactivated. So you need to speak with the Tech guys from your carrier for them to reactivate your old BIS account with your new SIM # & have them delete the new one that might have been activated. This is just a possible senario, might not be the issue in your case, but its worth looking into.

Cheers & good luck

10-30-10 12:49 AM
    Thanks, I didn't realise that all the BlackBerry servers were RIMs I thought they were provider specific (makes sense they are all RIMs given the BBM functionality etc).

I called the tech support and it was pretty much as you suggested, although it was the old account that was holding things up, they removed the old one and now its fine (with my restored message as well).

Thanks for your help.
    10-30-10 07:35 AM
    I guess for you it was the old account, which is fine. My carrier allows us to access our BIS accounts on-line, so we already have usernames and passwords set up with all our info and it usually detects a new device automatically when you insert your old SIM card into a new device, but when the new SIM goes in first, you run into the issue you exerienced. Anywho, glad all worked out for you.

Cheers,

10-30-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD