My Torch continually freezes when checking email, and sometimes, BBM and SMS.

I am using the Gmail Enhanced Plug In on 2 accounts. I get these "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_gmail (447) is not responding; process terminated" error messages.

Other error messages are:

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_google(268) is not responding; process terminated"

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_gmail (139) is not responding; process terminated"

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_gmail (331) is not responding; process terminated"

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_qm_google(266) is not responding; process terminated"

"Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(108) is not responding; process terminated"

This is getting increasingly painful to use my blackberry because I have to reboot each time I get this message. The frequency of these messages are increasing.

I have reinstalled the OS. Installed a newer OS. Deleted and reinstalled the email accounts and re-sent service books.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 11-17-10 at 05:26 PM.
    11-17-10 12:56 PM
    Have you tried deleting the enhanced gmail plugin? Only thing you haven't mentioned you tried. First time I've seen or heard of an issue such as this. If there's one thing a BB does extremely well is email.
    11-17-10 01:01 PM
    Have you tried deleting the enhanced gmail plugin? Only thing you haven't mentioned you tried. First time I've seen or heard of an issue such as this. If there's one thing a BB does extremely well is email.
    Enhanced Gmail looks like a core application now. I can't see a way to delete or disable it.
    11-17-10 04:38 PM
    Use BBSAK to remove the gmail cod files off your device. They all have gmail in the name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 05:03 PM
    Code:
    net_rim_bb_gmail.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_ar.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_cs.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_de.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_el.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_en.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_es.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_fr.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_he.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_hu.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_it.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_nl.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_pl.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_pt.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_pt_BR.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_help_tr.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__ar.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__ca.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__cs.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__de.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__el.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__en.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__es.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__eu.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__fr.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__gl.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__he.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__hu.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__it.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__nl.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__pl.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__pt.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__pt_BR.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_gmail_resource__tr.cod
    11-17-10 05:28 PM
    I turned off Facebook, LinkedIn and Google Maps/Latitude which were running in the background. So far, it has been 9 hours without a freeze up. One of these programs must have been jamming up my Enhanced Gmail. Usually, I would get a few freezes an hour.

I still have Google Talk running in the background. Maybe I was running out of RAM or something.
    Last edited by E92Vancouver; 11-18-10 at 12:20 AM.
    11-18-10 12:17 AM
    I was still getting freezes once a day. Now the problem has been solved for good. Here was the problem. Transferring settings and applications from a Bold 9700 to the Torch 9800 with the DM Device Wizard. Some of the applications were incompatible. I wiped the Torch and then did a fresh install of the OS. I then installed all applications from scratch. The Torch is now rock solid stable.
    12-14-10 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD