Is anybody else having a slow and I mean Painfully slow experience while the phone is on edge? Is this AT&T problem or the phone cause my 9700 edge speeds was pretty decent but the Torch just seems lackluster. Since I work @ the airport all I get is edge and getting nfl updates is horrible while all my verizon and sprint co-workers get the live play by play updates on ESPN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 11:40 PM
    My experience has been the opposite. When I visit my parents, there location is non-3G edge only, and checking the web and ESPN NFL updates was pretty snappy.
    10-11-10 11:51 PM
    Well, although few websites are still optimized for EDGE (most are trying to be 3G+ compatible), I'm finding EDGE in Los Angeles, for simple web sites, and messaging, is not significantly slower than 3G. Why am I on EDGE? Because I'm using my Torch, mainly for messaging, and simple data on T-Mobile, so, no 3G on Torch. I use 3G on my AT&T iPhone, for all the good stuff!
    10-12-10 12:51 AM
    Im always on EDGE and i have no data problems at all. When i go to the city and am on 3g i dont really notice a huge improvement in speed, there is some but not really that noticeable.
    10-12-10 07:48 AM
    I have no speed issues with any web pages either with EDGE. I keep my phone on 2G only to save battery life. Since I don't do any audio or video streaming, 3G is totally unnecessary.
    10-12-10 12:25 PM
    EDGE isn't that much of a "downgrade" for me. Mobile sites like these forums take around twice as long, which isn't that big of a deal, considering it's a matter of going from three to six seconds...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 12:27 PM
    So it must be a problem on my end then because it takes at least a minute to load with 2-3 bars on edge @ my job. Maybe its airport related.
    10-12-10 01:31 PM
    My 2nd phone is an unlocked 9530 on AT&T so I spend a fair amount of time on the edge network as well. It's much slower when downloading applications and there seems to be a bit more latency sometimes looking for pages, but the actual load times for me aren't painfully different.

I think you hit the nail on the head with it being airport-related. A large number of people all in a small space with nothing else to do but play on their phones. If you were curious, you could always drop back to 2G somewhere else and see if you have the same issues.
    10-12-10 03:05 PM
    Usually means that you are having trouble connecting to the internet at all even though you have EDGE displaying. I've seen this in certain locations so I am certain it's just a crap coverage issue in that area.

When I am other places and have EDGE, I can load pages at very decent speeds, not that noticeable from 3G as long as you aren't loading something large.

Different carriers getting different coverage in different areas... Just part of the gamble.
    10-12-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD