I have a 8900 on T-mobile. I have just got eligible for a full upgrade. But, I really don't want to use it on a 9780. I would really like to have a torch type bb. I'm hoping it comes to T-mobile soon. The question is. Is ebay the cheapest place for me to get a 9780 or a torch unlocked until I use my upgrade? My 8900 is having signal problems. I tried to talk T-mobile into giving me something to do me until they receive a torch type bb. But they wont do it. I hate to switch to at&t. Any place else to get a used phone? Thanks in advance.
    11-26-10 02:28 PM
    The best place to get a used phone is from a friend you trust. The problem with any auction site is that you are vulnerable to people unloading defective devices. It's also a fact that satisfied buyers don't post nearly so often as dissatisfied ones, so it's impossible to draw any conclusions about how often people have problems with internet purchases.
    11-26-10 03:10 PM
    I agree. With the torch, you just don't know what you are getting.
    11-26-10 03:18 PM
    To the OP, if you are going to purchase a used phone, I would suggest using Craigslist and meeting the seller at a T-Mobile store. That way, T-Mobile can check the phone to ensure that it has a clean IMEI and at least does not have any obvious damage to the point that it does not even work.
    11-26-10 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD