Hi

I am new to the whole blackberry world but decided to get the 9800 Torch as it looked good and i liked the option of a keypad aswell as touch screen. I have a problem though with my new phone. When I got the phone home I found that it must have been used as a demo phpone in the store as some of the options had been changed, this wasnt an issue as I did a wipe and reset the phone. When I went to setup however and tried to set up my e-mail account I did not get the option to set up a pop3/internet account, and the phone wil only allow me to setup a BES account. Has anyone any idea how to reset the phone so I can set up a pop3 account on it.

Regards

Sandy Gould
    UK O2
    12-07-10 11:50 PM
    Hi

I am new to the whole blackberry world but decided to get the 9800 Torch as it looked good and i liked the option of a keypad aswell as touch screen. I have a problem though with my new phone. When I got the phone home I found that it must have been used as a demo phpone in the store as some of the options had been changed, this wasnt an issue as I did a wipe and reset the phone. When I went to setup however and tried to set up my e-mail account I did not get the option to set up a pop3/internet account, and the phone wil only allow me to setup a BES account. Has anyone any idea how to reset the phone so I can set up a pop3 account on it.

Regards

Sandy Gould
    UK O2
    Sandy, can you please confirm which version of software you have installed on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 03:13 AM
    you may need to delete the IT policy on the phone if there is one.
    12-08-10 03:29 AM
    Sandy, can you please confirm which version of software you have installed on your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi Ozzie

In answer to your question the software version is

v6.0.0.246, (bundle 695, Platform 6.4.0.105)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alex Gould
    12-08-10 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD