Hi guys,

I've just noticed this problem today.

When I open my camera app, I go to take a picture, and there are 2 big dust particles. I've tried to wipe it away, but the torch is all build together so I cannot get under the plastic part. It's so annoying because it's christmas and I want to take proper pictures for BBM and upload to FB.

Any help or will I just go to Bell and get an exchange?

Edit - Forgot to add just in case, when I ZOOM, the dots go away, don't know if that means anything.
    Last edited by Clarkee; 12-25-10 at 06:46 PM.
    12-25-10 10:26 AM
    Def think you should go exchange....sounds like you have a bad seal on your camera. How long have you had it?
    12-25-10 11:23 AM
    I've had it since Canadian release day. Oct 1st I believe.
    12-25-10 01:10 PM
    Bell will not exchange any smartphones anymore. All smartphones are sent away for repair in the 1st year.
    12-25-10 01:15 PM
    Hi guys,

I've just noticed this problem today.

When I open my camera app, I go to take a picture, and there are 2 big dust particles. I've tried to wipe it away, but the torch is all build together so I cannot get under the plastic part. It's so annoying because it's christmas and I want to take proper pictures for BBM and upload to FB.

Any help or will I just go to Bell and get an exchange?
    I had this issue with a Storm 9530, and sadly it was a major pain in the as* to get taken care of, I ended up taking the plastic cover off (it was held on with adhesive) but this is not something you'll want to do, As aznlgcy said, Bell doesn't even offer the change of an exchange if you've used the device more than 30 minutes, or 15 days have passed.
    12-25-10 04:13 PM
    Bell will not exchange any smartphones anymore. All smartphones are sent away for repair in the 1st year.
    Wow, that really sucks...do they offer any type of protection plans for their smartphones?
    12-25-10 05:32 PM
    Wow, that really sucks...do they offer any type of protection plans for their smartphones?
    Yeah I think they have a $4/m and $7/m protection plan PLUS $150 for the exchange. What the ****?!

Rip-off IMO, contracts are 3 years, $270/$360 extra (respectively) is not worth it.

I'm going to raise **** if they refuse. I better get a Torch temp phone, I will not settle for less.
    Last edited by Clarkee; 12-25-10 at 06:37 PM.
    12-25-10 06:22 PM
    They will still send the phone away for the dust to be cleaned. But then you are without a phone for a period. As well temp smartphones are $50 plus a $300 deposit if you don't have the Smartphone Care by Asurion that costs $4 or $7/month accordingly.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 12-25-10 at 11:46 PM.
    12-25-10 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD