I have a BB Torch and love it so far. 1 thing that is frustrating me though is my contacts are multiplying like rabbits. I have about 600 unique contacts, but after syncing I ended up with 7500!

So I went on Google's Help website, and it told me I needed to disable the BB Wireless Sync, as it will create duplicates if that runs with Google Sync. I did that, and merged duplicates on Gmail. However I ran Google Sync again, and the 7500 contacts on my phone went right back to my Gmail contacts. So I'm back at 7500.

Is there a way to merge duplicates on my phone? I wasted $1 on that Contacts Cleaner app, and that doesn't work at all.

Anyone know a good way to merge or get rid of all these duplicates? Unfortunately I don't have a year of free time to manually clean out all these duplicates...
    12-18-10 08:11 AM
    Not that I have seen. Cleanup is manual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:04 AM
    i hate the duplicate contacts....
    12-18-10 07:14 PM
    I clean up my contacts using the Desktop sync on my Mac. The Mac Addressbook finds and merges duplicates. I'm sure Outlook would do it on Windows too.
    Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 07:39 AM
    Hi,

I wrote the original Contacts Cleaner App which is available for $2.99. Someone else is selling an App with a similar name and which sells for $0.99. Try the original:

BlackBerry App World - Contacts Cleaner

Or PM me for a trial copy. I stand behind my product 100% and will issue a full refund if your are not completely satisfied.

If you turn off Google sync, my version of Contacts Cleaner should take care of the issue.

Regards,
    Marty
    majshakman likes this.
    12-19-10 05:04 PM
    Many users are reporting they then get duplicate contacts and I'm one of them. I have encountered same problem. A total headache as I have hundreds even thousand of contacts duplicated.,.you can imagine how frustrating it was. This deal breaker for me. Until I found Scrubly Duplicate Contacts Remover. I really need this for life. I'm very thankful of having this tool I think you should also try this. If you have also some issues on syncing services, you read this How to Sync Outlook 2011 for Mac with Address Book

02-14-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD