Torch with .337, BES setup and Hotmail, yahoo & school emails setup.

For some reason, I went to do a picture message today and in the To: field, I start to type in my brothers name and found he was coming up 3 times. I sent the pic message and then went into my contacts. I scrolled through until I got to the G's in my list and every one of my contacts is triplicated. To test, I added a new contact to see if she would be triplicated as well - but she hasn't been - yet.

I've done a few searches on the forum and most of the duplicate contact issues here seem to be of that Gmail or Google sync - I don't use Gmail or Google sync, I sync my Outlook with BDM.

Also, I tried to sync up my Torch with BDM to see if BDM would remove the duplicate entries, but when I try to sync my address book it says 'not installed'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    11-12-10 12:34 PM
    Same thing happened when my BB synced to all my Facebook contacts and Yahoo contacts. I simply deleted the contacts I didn't want/need and deleted any duplicate versions of contacts.
    11-12-10 12:44 PM
    Okay, did that.

I'll probably post something up if they duplicate again though.
    11-12-10 01:00 PM
    Okay, it duplicated again.

I deleted all the duplicate contacts and didn't notice them come up for a few days. Then I took a pic with my Torch and send to Text and bam, all the contacts were triplicated again.

I deleted all the duplicates and went to send a picture message, and it didn't happen.

I just did a battery pull, took a pic and sent it as a text and it looks fine for now.

Will update later if it comes up again.
    11-19-10 12:43 PM
    Go into your carriers BIS website and turn off Contact Sync for the other email accounts. The delete the duplicates off the device again - problem solved. One easy way might be is to check under contact option for how may addr book you have as I think you get one per email account... also there is a option to allow or not allow duplicate names under contact options.

So if the addr book is tied to an email account, on the BIS website delete each account and re-add them BUT configure each on NOT to do contact sync as you ad them back in....
    11-19-10 03:39 PM
    I had this duplicte problem also. It came from syncing my gmail contacts because they were already in my bb from the change over from my 8900. I completely emptied my torch contacts through DM and from then on the sync gave no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD