So today as I was walking into my office I dropped my torch. to make a long story short the top of my torch got scratched up, the chrome bezel, the mute key, and the bezel where the lcd is.

Now I know that there are some places that sell OEM casing, in black But my phone is white and I havent seen one that sells the OEM casing in white. Can any of you guys help me out

my phone is only 3 days old

Thanks!
    Last edited by folgrz; 11-17-10 at 12:18 PM.
    11-17-10 12:13 PM
    Get over it. No phone will be perfect and we all drop ours once and a while. Pointless to buy another bezel because that too will be scratched.
    Just leave it.
    11-17-10 12:38 PM
    11-17-10 12:54 PM
    Parts are available at the link posted. Taking it apart to replace them is another story. Only reason I've never taken mine apart to "fix" the scratched bezel.
    11-17-10 12:58 PM
    daaaaaaaang what a shame...... the joy of a new phone fades away

I am like you and get pissed if my phone has a big scratch especially if it's new....

if you don't find now just wait for a while, they will surely be available soon...

PS: can you just convert the whole phone into the original color?

Maybe that'd be a quicker solution...
    11-17-10 12:59 PM
    shoulda bought a case when you bought the phone, hindsight=20/20
    11-17-10 01:08 PM
    +1...That says it all. If you had a frickin' case that phone probably survives unscathed. Enjoy your scratched phone son!
    11-17-10 01:13 PM
    +1...That says it all. If you had a frickin' case that phone probably survives unscathed. Enjoy your scratched phone son!
    The FIRST thing I did when I bought my Torch a week back was buy a casemate case......I wasn't planning on getting a single scratch as I paid an arm and a leg for my phone....

I bought a case from casemate that also comes with a screen protector..... had to protect my investment
    11-17-10 01:15 PM
    Get over it. No phone will be perfect and we all drop ours once and a while. Pointless to buy another bezel because that too will be scratched.
    Just leave it.
    agreed.......
    11-17-10 01:16 PM
    Logon to your online account and add the accidental insurance for $4.99 (you have 30 days to add to your plan).

Then pay the deductible and you have a new phone again.

Then purchase a case...
    11-17-10 01:17 PM
    I just bought a torch today, going from a storm, now bell has a new protection plan. 7 bucks extra a month, but it covers loss or theft, accidental damage(including liquid), power surge and normal wear and tear! But u have to set it up new or upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-10 01:30 PM
    I just bought a torch today, going from a storm, now bell has a new protection plan. 7 bucks extra a month, but it covers loss or theft, accidental damage(including liquid), power surge and normal wear and tear! But u have to set it up new or upgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah with AT&T and Verizon you have 30-days after signing a new contract or upgrade/renewal to add the insurance to your device.

My wife got a new Droid2 and within two weeks she had dropped it into a bucket of water (and we opted not to add the insurance at time of purchase). I logged on to her account, added the accidental coverage, payed her deductible and two days later she had another brand new phone.
    11-17-10 01:34 PM
    agreed.......

Plus 2 i spend good money for my phone going to protect it.
    11-17-10 01:40 PM
    Does the insurance cover water damage?
    11-17-10 01:42 PM
    Does the insurance cover water damage?
    I know the "accidental damage" tier of insurance covers water damage.
    11-17-10 01:48 PM
    daaaaaaaang what a shame...... the joy of a new phone fades away

I am like you and get pissed if my phone has a big scratch especially if it's new....

if you don't find now just wait for a while, they will surely be available soon...

PS: can you just convert the whole phone into the original color?

Maybe that'd be a quicker solution...
    I'm just gonna leave it for now and hoepfully the oem white housings will come out soon
    I have my phone in my belt holster at all times and it doesnt fit in there with a case on the phone. This happened as I was pulling my phone out of the holster.
    11-17-10 01:52 PM
    I'm just gonna leave it for now and hoepfully the oem white housings will come out soon

I have my phone in my belt holster at all times and it doesnt fit in there with a case on the phone. This happened as I was pulling my phone out of the holster.
    I use a holster too but isn't it sad to come here with a simple question only to have people infer that you're foolish for not buying a case? Not everyone likes cases.
    I hope you find the parts you need and know that there are people that will replace those parts for you so you don't have to do it yourself if you are not comfortable with it.
    folgrz likes this.
    11-17-10 02:27 PM
    I use a holster too but isn't it sad to come here with a simple question only to have people infer that you're foolish for not buying a case? Not everyone likes cases.
    I hope you find the parts you need and know that there are people that will replace those parts for you so you don't have to do it yourself if you are not comfortable with it.
    Yeah seriously, I didnt expect to get attacked by everyone, but thanks! I e-mailed a few companies and they said that they will be getting OEM parts in white shortly so I'll just have to wait it out and until then look at these nasty scratches on my phone
    11-17-10 02:40 PM
    It sucks but it`s bound 2 happen at least once
    11-17-10 03:55 PM
    check out the case-mate "barely there" case! here's my video review of the black one!

Last edited by the brother; 11-17-10 at 08:29 PM.
    11-17-10 08:19 PM
    I only said forget it because I scratched mine and I dont care about it. The only valuable piece of the device is the screen itself and the keyboard right?
    11-18-10 12:41 AM
    Yeah seriously, I didnt expect to get attacked by everyone, but thanks! I e-mailed a few companies and they said that they will be getting OEM parts in white shortly so I'll just have to wait it out and until then look at these nasty scratches on my phone
    I know, why are people attacking you, you're overprotective about your phones or maybe it's just really new lol who knows...whatever it may be, do whatever you want to fix it, it is your money, who cares what anyone says.
    11-18-10 12:55 AM
    So today as I was walking into my office I dropped my torch. to make a long story short the top of my torch got scratched up, the chrome bezel, the mute key, and the bezel where the lcd is.
    Although my first drop (with the holster) aftermath wasn't as serious as yours, the barely visible scratch on my Torch's chrome bezel has affected me pretty much since.

And yeah, am a user who doesn't like cases too; just carry this lovely in the original Blackberry holster case for Torch everywhere.
    11-18-10 08:39 AM
    I know, why are people attacking you, you're overprotective about your phones or maybe it's just really new lol who knows...whatever it may be, do whatever you want to fix it, it is your money, who cares what anyone says.
    Over protective I just like to take care of my things
    Although my first drop (with the holster) aftermath wasn't as serious as yours, the barely visible scratch on my Torch's chrome bezel has affected me pretty much since.

And yeah, am a user who doesn't like cases too; just carry this lovely in the original Blackberry holster case for Torch everywhere.
    Sucks to hear, there are a few vendors that will be getting OEM housings in white, but from the looks of your sig you have a black one and a few people have those already, but like you said your scratches arent that visible. So it probably doesnt bother you too much
    11-18-10 01:22 PM
    Lay off guys. I don't use a case because I'm in and out of my car all day and I put it in the iGrip while I drive. It won't fit with an iGrip. And anyway, if the OP is like me, they either don't have cases in the store or they are stupidly overprices.

However, some have a point. I dropped mine and have a couple scratches on the bezel but the screen/keyboard/innards are all fine so really my phone is still there. I do think paying 100 deductible for a new one you will probably scratch anyway is silly.

Get a case that hides the scratch, you're good to go.
    11-18-10 01:34 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD